Advice for tv/multimedia unit

Cakes86

Standard Member
I’ve been looking all over for a tv stand that will hold both my tv at proper eye level and all my multimedia boxes. PS4, Yamaha av recover and uhd player etc. Also I would like it to have a central space that I could add a future central speaker to as any decent ones would cover some part of my tv on top of the unit. The unit would need to be 23/24” in height which is around 580-610mm. Also at least 1200mm so I can center my tv on top. These are all my needs and the wifey wants one that’s close to a walnut brown colour as she wants it to match the room.

I’m thinking perhaps I might have to find someone who could build one for me but I don’t have a bottomless wallet for that sort of thing.

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

gibbsy

Having a space for a centre speaker is always going to be problematic. You really do not to put a box within a box. Could you wall mount the TV? That would save a lot of your problems and have a centre on top of any unit. The length could also be an issue 120cm is a big old piece of furniture.

I have a Skovby unit all of which comes in walnut. None are the length you want but certainly have the height. Quality furniture that will last for years. My TV is not on a wall and I had a bridge made to take my 65'' over it.

Cakes86

Standard Member
Yeah it’s tricky for sure, as the stand that comes with my tv doesn’t leave any room for a centre speaker in front of it. Also I don’t have any viable ways of mounting a tv in my living room. Thus I’m stuck trying to find a unit that will cover any future speaker upgrades. These are the pains I guess…

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
I use these, great stands as center shelf and TV can be adjusted. Space under for BD

Then use another racking for the other bits. They do two different backplate heights. The small one is ok for LG OLED 65" if you want it quite low down. The larger backplate ok if you want bottom of the TV to be bit higher

Cakes86

Standard Member
I use these, great stands as center shelf and TV can be adjusted. Space under for BD

Then use another racking for the other bits. They do two different backplate heights. The small one is ok for LG OLED 65" if you want it quite low down. The larger backplate ok if you want bottom of the TV to be bit higher
I suggested those to the wifey but I got a “that’s so ugly” response. Back to the drawing board. Thanks all the same for the suggestion though. Was a decent idea

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
I suggested those to the wifey but I got a “that’s so ugly” response. Back to the drawing board. Thanks all the same for the suggestion though. Was a decent idea

Function over form. If you get a regular TV rack it'll probably too high and you can't adjust it. Those allow me to adjust height of TV, center, also allows me to place subwoofers under the TV either side.

Cakes86

Standard Member
Function over form. If you get a regular TV rack it'll probably too high and you can't adjust it. Those allow me to adjust height of TV, center, also allows me to place subwoofers under the TV either side.
Are you referring to the wifey ? Haha XD jokes. Yes I completely agree man. In the end I would always settle for function over form but alas comes back to the old Mars and Venus “theory” and it’s not my man cave lol.

Returning to the point. I even considered those single vertical pieces that can be attached to tv units. Not sure what they are called, but the buzz kill didn’t like the looks of them either sadly.

xmb

BDI Furniture do a range of media cabinets that support a hidden centre speaker and are available in walnut.

tonyrees687

Hi @Cakes86 Did you find a tv stand/unit in the end
I have a custom build wood dark oak/walnut thing i need to sell

tonyrees687

This is my tv cab from years ago built to order. Im selling but cant post this lol

Attachments

• IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 76

Cakes86

Standard Member
Hi @tonyrees687 sadly myself and my wife have been hit with covid so this issue is long way down on the list of current issues right now. Thanks anyways for the message.

tonyrees687

Hi @tonyrees687 sadly myself and my wife have been hit with covid so this issue is long way down on the list of current issues right now. Thanks anyways for the message.
No problem. Hope you feel better soon and hope you dont suffer from long term . Take care
Tony

martin 39

Geko cabinet with fixed pole. I have used this for over 10yrs. Fits 2 amps sky box. Blu ray bluesound node and aptv. Center sits on top under tv

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom