Advice for total beginner

dfhansen

Standard Member
Hi there - I am very new to projectors, and am looking for a cheap entry level one for playing DVDs/Films through a computer. I was initially drawn to the Hitachi CP-RS55 (http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/127295) because it was so cheap, but have recently decided that i may be able to afford a little more...

At the moment, i am considering the BenQ W100 (prob from dabs.com) for about 350 pounds.

I have 2 main questions -
1) Is this a good projector for my needs?
2) Is dabs a good place to buy it? Am currently going from them because i trust their delivery/service, but do not know whether they have a guarantee/warranty.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
Have you done a search on the w100 on the forums? This projector has been discussed many times and has a very good reputation. For the money, you will struggle to do better.

As for Ebuyer, why not ring or email them re the warranty to see what the position is. I've ordered several things from them and never had a problem :)

dalar

I bought stuff from ebuyer before, they are pretty good - same status as dabs - very reputable.

As for projectors, I would easily go with the Benq - your getting 2500:1 contrast ratio compared to the little 400:1 offered by the Hitachi!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom