Question advice for setting up new streaming setup

Pernes

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi this is my first post so hopefully I will make sense as to what I want to achieve!

I have two Samsung speakers a R7 and a R3 and want to be able to connect them to a Google Home, I think this may only be possible via Bluetooth? On the base of the R3 there is the power connection, a reset button and what looks like mini usb connection that says Service above it. I am not sure what this is for, was wondering if a Chromecast audio could be plugged in using a jack to usb conversion lead( if that exists) so I could connect to the google home via WiFi? The R7 only has a power connection slot. What would anyone suggest that could give flexibility?

I would also like to listen to my own cds that I have uploaded to my laptop rather than always having to stream. The Samsung multi app seems a bit restrictive for connecting other devices that allow listening to music files, would a network server allow me to listen to these files through the speakers as well as backing up my network?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Last edited:
I think you are out of luck with those Samsung speakers. Looking at the user manual you can only stream from a PC running their "Wireless Audio - Multiroom for desktop" software so you can't use a network server (NAS). Also no easy way to connect to Google. The R3 service connector will not help you.

Bluetooth pairing with Google Home may be possible as shown here.

Other streaming speakers, such as the Yamaha MusicCast range, are more flexible in their use, as they support DLNA and AirPlay.

Thanks for the reply, wish I had found this forum before purchasing the expensive speakers which the Samsung rep gave all the positives and options, which don’t now seem to be available!

Thanks

There should be a Samsung app on Android allowing you to control these devices with your phone or tablet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom