Advice for Panny

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Moomz, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Moomz

Moomz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi guys, I'm about to wallmount my TH37PX60 and want some advice on cabling. I want to connect it to my sky+ box which at the moment isn't HD. There is about a 3m gap between where the sky box will be and the back of the TV. What would be the best option for connecting in order to get best PQ? I don't mind spending a little bit on cables but don't want to take out a 3rd mortgage (took out a 2nd one to get the tele in the first place!!)

2. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Apparently, Sky Plus has S-Video output...but, I think RGB Scart is better than S video...im not sure on the Scart thing.

3. compo

compo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    buy a good 3m scart lead you wont be disapointed.

4. Moomz

Moomz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Can anybody recommend a good scart lead?? Should I just get a gold plated one? How much difference is there in PQ if I use a cheap one?

5. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11

I recently changed over from a freebie scart, to an Ixos version...not an expensive one, next up from bottom of the range and instantly noticed the difference...this is just on my old Philips CRT (which is dying..gun failure!)...I was previously getting shadow like bits around text etc, but now it is much, much sharper.

I would say it is worth paying £20 for a lead, in whatever setup...but...if you have a more expensive plasma etc, then a bit more money may see you right.

6. Deadsquirrel

Deadsquirrel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MoomZ - it all depends on what you use for sound, if you run your sound through an AV Receiver then you could opt for a RGB only Scart (Picture only) which will give you thge best picture possible.

Check Squart and IXO's scart leads out on E-Bay, Play.com etc and you could pick a good one up for a low price.

You've just spend a shed load on your Screen so don't skimp on the cables