1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for Newbie Panny TH37PE30B deal

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kevin19470, Dec 28, 2004.

1. kevin19470

kevin19470
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am about to take the plunge and buy a Panny TH37PE30B, pedistal stand and E55 at a cost of £2,050.00 inc delivery. Is this a good price please? I will be connecting a Panny VCR, NTL box and E55. Is it worth asking JL to price match please? I have been told that I will need three RGB scarts at £30 each. I am absolutely NOT technically minded, and any advice/assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I hope that I have complied with the rules in this, my first post. If not I apologise profusely - please be kind guys.

2. portal

portal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it the ped stand you want?

I got the same package as you (but with the full floor cabinet) from John Lewis (Norwich) for £1999.99. This was with a 5 year warranty and free delivery.

This was price matched against 4 of their stores:- Cheadle, Oxford St, and 2 others I forget. Details are elsewhere on this very board!

Portal.

3. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Its worth buying from JL fullstop! just to get the 5 yr warrenty and delivery.
    You need 3 good scarts but £15 each will do the trick and leave a bit over for a 3pin component lead for the E55 (it is best connected with a scart and a comp lead)
    Have a search here for best viera connection options.

4. kevin19470

kevin19470
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I can only accommodate the ped stand as it is going onto a slate fire-place surround.

I will def use JL providing they will indeed price match.

Kev.

5. kevin19470

kevin19470
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks for all the brilliant and informed info over the last few weeks from you guys.

I have now ordered my Panny TH37PE30B from JL in Cheedle. Unfortunately, they would not price match with the retail outlet of Empire Direct or the retail outlet of Sound and Vision, who were both offering the PE30, pedistal stand and E55 for £2,050. They did however voluntarily offered to price match with Comet, a deal that I was not aware of. This deal closes on 31st Dec 04: Panny 37, cabinet stand and E55, 5 year warranty and free delivery for £1999. They are currently out of stock, but they have told me that all orders placed by close of business on the 31st will be honoured. Delivery is expected to be within 2 weeks.

Interestingly, I have just seen a cabinet stand sell on ebay for £155 with thirteen bidders, so perhaps I can get rid of the stand there, and buy the pedestal stand from Empire for £123 + P/P.

Just a point guys, I know I need three RGB scarts and a 3 pin component lead (I am not sure what that is for happyh). Also I would not know a good scart from a rubbish one, perhaps you will be kind enough to tell me which scarts and component lead to get and from where please?

Once again guys thank for the brill help and advice.

Kev (still a very newbie).

6. kevin19470

kevin19470
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for that.

Where do I buy the scarts and component lead from please and what is the component lead for?

Kev.

7. kevin19470

kevin19470
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, :lease:

I am nearly there (I think).

I get delivery of my Panny TH37PE30 viera next week.

I am about to order the following cables:

Profigold PGV 782 scarts quantity 3
    Profigold PGV 332 component video cable quantity 1

The only equipment that I intend to connect are the Panny E55
    NTL Box - Samsung SMT 2100C
    Panny VCR NVSV221

I have spent a lot of time doing my 'homework' but, as I don't know a scart/component cable from my rear end, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please take the time to give me the nod prior to ordering.

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance guys.

Kev.