1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for Newb

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by WSB, May 25, 2005.

1. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hey,

I've got a question that someone may be able to help me with...

I've got a Sony DAV something dvd/amp thing which connects through to my 32" widescreen lcd. I'm just wondering the best way to connect it up to get the best in sound/picture quality. At the moment theres a fairly hefty scart cable (i forget the make) but it was brought at the same time as my amp (homecinemaheaven which has now ceased trading!). Its a simple scart/scart connection but I'm just wondering is there any better way of doing this? The output from the amp is a scart and i havent got much choice in that but my lcd tv has loads of possible inputs. I've already got a dvi/dvi connection from my pc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    If the only output the DVD player has is a SCART then (as long as its outputting RGB - check the setup menus for this) it's the best you'll get in terms of picture qulaity. I'm not sure what you use for sound (separate speakers or the built in ones on the TV?) so not sure about the sound aspect.

DVI would give the best possible picture qulaity on your TV, to use this you'd need a DVI/HDMI equipped DVD player which it sounds like yours isn't.