Question Advice for new budget amp

Rainsong

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post here so go easy on me!

I have recently rediscovered my passion for music and I've been wanting to assemble a decent quality sound setup for my vinyls and cds. At the moment I feel the weakest link is the amplifier. I want to upgrade my very budget amp to something better. As sources I have a decent sherwood vintage turntable and a marantz cd63 CD player. Speakers wise I have purchased recently the whaferdale diamond 10.1. It is for use in the lounge which is on a flat, so not too big - there's quite a lot of window glass in the lounge. Im feeling the sound to be too cold. Really need a warm and detailed amp to contrast with that. Also, I can't put the volume too high or the neighbours will moan so something that holds detail and bass in low to mid volume would be a big plus.

I don't want to spend a lot of money so the amp has to cost under £100. I am considering a vintage player or receiver, something from the 70s maybe? So far, from my research online, there is a consensus that either a pioneer a400 or a nad 3020 would be a good buy. I've also checked the vintage marantz or sansuis. Is there anything cheap and recent that I should consider or look for a good condition vintage deal?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Luis

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom