Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

advice for investing in a screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Frankeh, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be buying the Sanyo Z3 soon, I'll be mostly playing games on it, to give you an idea about the ambient light: atm my room is coloured warm yellow/orange, I'll be painting my walls a more darker grey so there would be less reflections coming from the screen.

I can adjust the light in my room too, no problems. (have curtains where no light goes through)

I don't know the meassures for my screen YET, I'll be first buying my Sanyo and testing what the best measures are for gaming from a 10feet distance.

I'll probably go with a 80" screen, to give you an idea..

Don't have a clue about my budget for a screen.. are they pretty expensive? my max. would be 600€ = 400£

though, I want the most of my money, if you can get much cheaper screens with not a big difference.. I'd go with the cheaper one, I can spend the extra money for other things ;p

2. p5yco

p5yco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    try www.beamaxed.co.uk (.com?), they have a variety of screens at reasonable prices. i personally have not used them but many people on these forums have with good reccomendation.

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,722
    If you want a fixed screen, you can make one from wood and blackout cloth for less than £26. Pics on my home page.

Gary.