1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice for investing in a screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Frankeh, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be buying the Sanyo Z3 soon, I'll be mostly playing games on it, to give you an idea about the ambient light: atm my room is coloured warm yellow/orange, I'll be painting my walls a more darker grey so there would be less reflections coming from the screen.

I can adjust the light in my room too, no problems. (have curtains where no light goes through)

I don't know the meassures for my screen YET, I'll be first buying my Sanyo and testing what the best measures are for gaming from a 10feet distance.

I'll probably go with a 80" screen, to give you an idea..

Don't have a clue about my budget for a screen.. are they pretty expensive? my max. would be 600€ = 400£

though, I want the most of my money, if you can get much cheaper screens with not a big difference.. I'd go with the cheaper one, I can spend the extra money for other things ;p

2. p5yco

p5yco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    try www.beamaxed.co.uk (.com?), they have a variety of screens at reasonable prices. i personally have not used them but many people on these forums have with good reccomendation.

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    If you want a fixed screen, you can make one from wood and blackout cloth for less than £26. Pics on my home page.

Gary.