• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Advice for front speaker placement/wiring

burtmacklin

Novice Member
We're building a new house and I had the foresight to have the electrician run wires for in-ceiling speakers in our living room, but I stupidly didn't think about how to run wires for my front L/R speakers (and sub) into the cabinet where my receiver will be stored.

Attaching a picture of what it looks like now, but basically all my hookups are going into the lower cabinet structure on the right side. TV will be above the fireplace, but I had them run smurf tube down into the cabinet from there so those cords won't be a problem. I need to get wire from my L/R front speakers down into the same place without any cords showing anywhere.

My center speaker should be fine too, because I assume I'll just run that down through the TV's smurf tube.

Thoughts? Is there any other option besides having to run them through the fireplace wall myself and install plates to make it look tidy? Is there a decent wireless option that would do the trick for those channels? The receiver I'm eyeing right now is the Sony STRDN1080. I don't have an Atmos setup but wanted to get that one in case I decide to add another 2 overhead speakers sometime down the road.

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68

Harkon321

Prominent Member
Can't you drill through the side of the cabinet in to the Fireplace, therefore hiding any cables? Is heat an issue?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom