Advice for Ferrari hire please

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by gg13533, Feb 11, 2009.

1. gg13533

gg13533

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +534
    Hi,

Thinking about ticking something off my bucket list in the next few months by hiring a Ferrari for a half day or day, so I'm looking for some advice.

Can you advise on a hirer that you can recommend?

Can you advise on a location for the hire as the roads in the vicinity would be an important consideration!

Don't fancy a convertible what about a 430 or 599?

Any idea on how much it would cost?

2. un1eash

un1eash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    Had a very quick look and for a full day a 430 is £650 and 599 is £1500, considering a 599 GTB does cost £180k.

I would just go on a driving experience day, alot cheap and you can drive a variaty of performance cars.

3. cunny678

cunny678

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +693
    Some good deals to be had on ebay ocassionally! Just do a search for "Ferrari Hire".

4. eric pisch

eric pisch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    take a decent camera and photo the car all over before you go

been a couple of reports over the years of firms renting exotics only to keep the 5k deposit (most will want a very large deposit from your credit card) claiming some made up damage that needed paintwork etc etc

waste of money imo

personally i would spend the £600 on a trackday in something mental :)

5. Alistair

Alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    +1 in that. To drive a 430 on the road to me is just about posing, too many risks and I too have heard horror stories about deposits not being returned.

Personally I would go for a track day, then you can really drive fast, but be prepared to do a little research for a decent school. I can also suggest the school at the 'Ring, they are very good, very helpful and keen for you to push the car hard. Highly recommend this but much more expensive : RSR Nürburg - Home

6. gg13533

gg13533

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +534
    Thanks for the replies so far. I'm not a good passenger in a car, hence don't fancy being taken out on a driver experience as likely to end up with a technicolour yawn! That's the reason why I thought about a hire option. Will keep researching.

7. DVD-Man

DVD-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,932
    Remember these driving days you actually drive the exotics not be a passenger in them!

There's a chap on here that will advise better, think his screenname is monopot.

PM him.

Liam

8. Monopot

Monopot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Ta :)

Yep go for the experience day option, much more fun and no speed cameras to worry about! Only time you'll be a passenger on these experience days is the very first car for a few laps where your shown the circuit, racing line, gear/brake points, [-]blood stains[/-], clipping points etc.

After thats its all down to you! The technicolour yawn tends to come from the instructor when someone goes from 6th to 2nd without braking :rolleyes:

Personally if you want a cracking day out I'd recommend either Driver Dream Days or PalmerSport.

Andy

9. eric pisch

eric pisch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    id second palmersport the jp1s will desomate anything road legal from fezza or lambo

PalmerSport - Palmer Jaguar JP1 - Le Mans masterpiece

10. Monopot

Monopot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Definately! As close to proper single seather performance you'll get and my favourite car to drive at Palmersport. We inevitably end up racing each other when driving the JP1s and although we do it safely, the competition element is still there for us and I've yet to see anyone get out who isn't smiling from ear to ear. I drove a woman round in September last year and I could hear here squealing so much I had to stop and check if she was OK. I told her if she wanted me to stop to bang on my arm, she didn't for 4 full laps and when I stopped she'd lost her voice :)

As an instructor there is a lot of incentive to work at Palmersport because of the no limits rules. A lot of circuits make us have you drive very steady and that no fun for you or us. PalmerSport as there is so much space allow us to push you as much as we're comfortable with you doing. Great place to work!

11. biggles1958

biggles1958

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    as part of my business life a few years ago i used to hire Ferrari's and prostitutes for devout Muslims from Saudi to attain business contracts!

regarding cars they liked the older 308GTB or the 512 BB

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  12. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,210
    Slightly off topic but some interesing images conjured up in my mind! I'm picturing the Cannonball Run films! I'm guessing those activities were acceptable under Shariyeehaaa Law!!! Thanks. :thumbsup: