Advice for encoding dvd to play on lg32 LH3000 lcd tv

cowselder

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been stuck at my pc for 2 days trying to convert my dvds so as I can watch them either on my 32" lg32LH3000 lcd tv through its media player (which I hacked to alow me to watch them) or a NBOX (1st Gen) or my daughters Cyclone media player, I have a couple 0f 128gb usb sticks and a 2TB external hard drive.
I have tried a number of converters and every format and some movies play on either the lg tv or Nbox or Cyclone but not on all of them to allow me to switch between rooms etc.
Is there a way to convert to one format so allow me to watch on all these typs.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Cowselder:confused:

Last edited:
I'm not in a position to advise, as I don't know any of the kit you specified, but a couple of suggestions:-

1. Your subject heading is not likely to catch the eye of anyone who can assist, as it doesn't specify what your question or issue is. Perhaps say "Advice for encoding dvd to play on lg lcd tv" as an example?
2. You haven't specified which model of TV, presumably that's relevant?
3. I've found that there aren't necessarily universal formats which will play on all your devices, but you may be more lucky than me :)

If the devices use mp4 I can recommend Handbrake, I've found it easy to use and has produced good quality results. It's possible to produce one file that would play on an appletv, ipod, iphone, pc, ps3 and multiple other devices.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom