Advice for Consultant

tomfo

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

I am a social media consultant and regularly meet with clients and present to them, now most of my clients are small businesses and over the last year we've relied on zoom and teams but now I am having more and more in person meetings/training sessions I'm in need of a good (and portable) projector.

My budget is in the region of about £500 and I'd need one to be as bright as possible as its not always so easy to switch off lighting in offices, or shared workspaces.

Do you have any recommendations? I've been recommended Anker Nebula Mars 2 by a friend but allegedly the brightness is very poor according to reviews?

Please help!

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I'm not having a dig, but you are a social media consultant so you probably already know this forum is aimed at home AV and cinema projectors. Ive never heard of the projector you mention and I have been buying using and reading about projectors for over 20 years. Perhaps another site ?

3t3p

nice and toxic reply there bud! AV forums at it's finest. Honestly some members on here are the WORST i've come across on any forum.
i've heard of the anker nebula series and i've been breathing and wiping my own ass now for many years:D

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
Glad to hear it

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hi everyone,

I am a social media consultant and regularly meet with clients and present to them, now most of my clients are small businesses and over the last year we've relied on zoom and teams but now I am having more and more in person meetings/training sessions I'm in need of a good (and portable) projector.

My budget is in the region of about £500 and I'd need one to be as bright as possible as its not always so easy to switch off lighting in offices, or shared workspaces.

Do you have any recommendations? I've been recommended Anker Nebula Mars 2 by a friend but allegedly the brightness is very poor according to reviews?

Please help!
500 lumens on the nebula does seem quite low mate.

Does it need to be totally portable or can you plug it into a socket? There are plenty of second hand Epson light cannons available for £500 if so, pretty small-ish form factor which would be excellent. I think panasonic do some good PJs too.

if u need totally portable, ur gonna run into issues brightness wise.

I'd look at ebay or second hand market and prioritise:
1. dimensions/size
2. sheer lumens

at the end of the day in a meeting room, ur not gonna have good light control and lumens is always king there as u wont need excellent contrast etc.

tomfo

Novice Member
500 lumens on the nebula does seem quite low mate.

Does it need to be totally portable or can you plug it into a socket? There are plenty of second hand Epson light cannons available for £500 if so, pretty small-ish form factor which would be excellent. I think panasonic do some good PJs too.

if u need totally portable, ur gonna run into issues brightness wise.

I'd look at ebay or second hand market and prioritise:
1. dimensions/size
2. sheer lumens

at the end of the day in a meeting room, ur not gonna have good light control and lumens is always king there as u wont need excellent contrast etc.
thanks mate! I'll have a look right away!

Probably not 100% portable, just something I can take if I visit a client and plug in when I get there :)

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Avoid anything which is aimed at the 'Home' Movie market, ensure you know how you are covered when things go wrong, ensure you know you can access Replacement Lamps down the line, have the connectivity you require and have good adjustments for the less than ideal placement you will likely have to deal with.

Epson UK have lots of great options around your price point - Projectors | Products | Epson United Kingdom

Joe

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You could also look at any DLP projector for the data market as these will usually display a sharper image without softening edges compared to other technologies which is certainly a bonus for spreadsheets. I would say anything with a high lumens should would be the way to go. I'm familiar with Optoma and for the pennies, they usually achieve over their price points when in competition

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom