1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for connecting Yamaha RXV-1400 to Mitsubishi XD300 DLP

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by wes2008, Oct 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. wes2008

wes2008

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am a newbie with home threatre setup. I am currectly building a house and would like to run the cable to setting up a home threatre. I need advise as what type of cable connection I should be using (RCA, S-Video, etc) for connecting a Yamaha RXV-1400 to Mitsubishi XD 300U DLP projector? Which type of cable connection will give you a better picture quality? :confused:

Many thanks.

wes2008

2. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    What are you outputting from the yammy? Is it just the on screen display (OSD) or have you hooked up sky, video or dvd to it first?

The best option from the yammy is YUV component, but this is a bit wasteful if you only want to use the OSD for setting it up. It should be noted that the yammy will not output a progressive signal for the OSD (but it will output any progressive source you route through it).

3. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Stcik everything into your yamaha via S-Videos and Componants (Make sure your DVD player is connected via componant leads) Then run one set of Componant leads to your Projector. :)

4. wes2008

wes2008

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys thanks for the advice:)