Question advice for buying speakers

ism

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've been thinking of upgrading my sound system to something a bit bigger.
My current system is a Denon AVR 1713. Front speakers is MA BX2 and center is JbL studio 225C.My rom size is medium size but I'm not sure about the dimension.
I had my heart pretty much settled on Dali Zensor5 and wharfedale Diamond 10.7.
I need some advice which speaker is suitable for my system. Do I need to upgrade my amp? If need, what amp should I buy
Would really appreciate some advice.:)
Thanks in advance , ISM

The Dali is probably the better match for your current receiver compared to the Wharfedale although a lot will depend on personal sound preference. However, both the speakers you mention are around the same level of speaker as the one you currently have so not really going to get much of an upgrade in terms of sound quality. You may get a bit more bass with the floorstanders but not going to improve the mids and highs (and may even make them slightly worse).
I feel you would be better getting a BX centre to match you current BX2 speakers and then getting a sub if you feel the bass is lacking. This will give you a much better upgrade in sound than a pair of similar quality floorstanders.

Hi PSM1,
Thanks for ur advice. I just borrow infinity sub PS/28 from my friend and play a few songs. I feel that the bass is a bit boomy. I like to listen Rock and sometime techno music too. I prefer clear voice and tight bass when I listen music. But as u mention that even though I add Dali wouldnt better mids and highs. Any woofer recommend budget around 250-400 SGD.
Thanks

Where in the world are you? SVS is a good make and so is REL. A small sealed design sub may be a good option with a tighter sound.

I m from Singapore. In SG, price for Sb-1000 is almost sgd1000. I can't afford . Too much expensive for sub.
Thanks PSM1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom