Advice for best setup in a small viewing area

Duff3103

Novice Member
Good evening,

Im redecorating soon and have recently got rid of a sony HT-ZF9 so im looking to upgrade to potentially an av system instead as ill be dropping the ceiling to replace the boards and put in new lighting.

Im looking for a Dolby atmos system that would work great in a living room with a viewing space of 3.6m back wall to tv wall and 2.6m left to right. Can anyone recommend a decent av receiver and speakers that would work great in this space?

Current setup -

Sony A80J 65"
Xbox series X
Sky Q UHD package
Panasonic DMP-UB700 4K player

Im looking for something that can run 4k @ 120 for gaming, i dont have a ridiculous budget but not asking for a full setup for £400 but please after my last exerience with Onkyo id appreciate nothing associated with them lol

I should also mention id like to fit in a 5.1.2 with upfiring speakers rather than ceiling speakers. id just run the wires in the ceiling as the floor is concrete with laminate which wont be changing

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Well let´s put out example package so you see how much it costs. Most folks would swap the sub sub to better one meaning you would ask price without the bundled subwoofer and buy better one from company that specializes in woofers. It would cost about 400-500£. Not sure how much the bundle deal price drops, about 200-300£ likely when you take the W10 sub out.

Total roughly 1800-2000£ or little bit less if you keep the bundled sub. Is this doable?

Duff3103

Novice Member
I would definitely look into something like this yes, my parents have an older 5.1 monitor audio setup and it’s pretty good for the moment they spent inc the receiver

I’m not sure how good or bad the sub may be, I’d doesn’t need to blow the windows out as I have neighbours either side but would like a decent punch of some sort so to at least know it’s there. The sub takes off £140 from the deal so is around £1550. I’m dead set on an atmos system but as state the room isn’t massive so I don’t think I need something that’s going to wake someone up in the next street

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I would definitely look into something like this yes, my parents have an older 5.1 monitor audio setup and it’s pretty good for the moment they spent inc the receiver

I’m not sure how good or bad the sub may be, I’d doesn’t need to blow the windows out as I have neighbours either side but would like a decent punch of some sort so to at least know it’s there. The sub takes off £140 from the deal so is around £1550. I’m dead set on an atmos system but as state the room isn’t massive so I don’t think I need something that’s going to wake someone up in the next street

Few affordable subwoofers from BK Electronics. Made in UK. These are new grade-b in mint condition and normal warranty.

BK Electronics P12-300SB-PR Satin Black (Grade B) 5060403221230 | eBay

Main site: Sub Woofers - Sub Bass - Subwoofer

The older SVS SB1000 is very compact and to my knowledge smallest sealed sub in the market that packs 12" driver. 5year warranty and is good choice for small room. The new SB1000 Pro model with phone app control goes about 570£ with discount.

Most popular sub in the 500£ mark is Monoprice 10 THX at the moment. It`s quite deep at 500mm, but offers great performance with high build quality and 5year warranty.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom