Advice for additional fronts and sub

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by imranuk, Jan 4, 2012.

1. imranuk

imranuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Guys and Gals,

I currently have a Onkyo 608 which runs a pair of Wharfedale 10.1 Fronts and 10.CS Centre, I am looking to change the Onkyo 608 for a Denon 2312 and at the same time move the 10.1s to the back and add floor standing fronts and a sub.

I have my eyes set on the Monolith DF for the sub and a pair of Wharfedale 10.7s for the fronts to get me a complete 5.1 system.

I have an through lounge which is roughly 4m x 8m and I have two chimney breasts, the TV and the Centre will be in the middle of the chimney breasts and the idea is to have the 10.7s on either end of the room with the 10.1s at the back opposite the 10.7s.

I am looking for advice on the following:

- Does my current selection raise any eyebrows?
    - Are their suitable alternatives out there that I should consider? (My main requirement is for a Walnut finish to match the existing kit)
    - The speaker layout I mentioned above, I am assume what I'm thinking is normal and not out of the ordinary?
    - I have a cellar and a solid oak wooden floor (this is on top of a floating wood floor supported by joists), is there anything I need to take into account regarding the surface?
    - One thing that concerns me is the spikes on the speakers and the potential of them leaving marks on the floor or is this a none concern?
    - I've read about granite slabs, is this necessary or will the solid wood floor be sufficient?

Any other advice is appreciated :D

Thanks