1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for a newbie

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by steevs, Jan 3, 2003.

1. steevs

Jan 3, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi guys

I was just wondering if anydody could help me out. Right, heres my story, 2 months ago I decided to take the plunge into the world of plasma, but I really didnt research as i should,. I dunno if any of you guys have ever heard of the brand relisys, anyway thats the one i bought, I was working to a budget of £2500 and that cost me just under, initially I was delighted with it, I stuck in a s-video cable and watched a dvd and was happy with the quality. Then I decided to connect sky digital also via s video and the picture quality (espec on the sports channels) was awful, after a little searching on the net I bought a component cable for my dvd player and a syncblaster cable and a progressive scan box from keene electronics, the problems i face now are that via the component my region 1 dvd's seem to attract some kind of interference (diagonal lines) which is very off putting, pal ones are fine. regarding the syncblaster cable on sky digital the picture does seem to be a little better but I am still not totally satisfied, while better than s-video i now notice horizontal lines during fast movement. anyone got any advice on how I could achieve better quality. I know I cut corners on my display and should have spent more money on better quality but im just trying to make the best of the situation im in now, but on the other hand dvd via component I am more than happy with so maybe the plasma is capable. The connections available to me are component, 2 s-video, 2 composite, and a 15 pin pc connection, no media box included with my panel by the way. Just want to connect up a dvd, sky digi and a ps2. Any advice would be much appericiated guys.