• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice for a Fancy Dress party !

DodgeTheViper

I'm going to a fancy dress party in a few weeks time and i'm looking for a bit of inspiration.

My wife will be going as well and i like the idea of going as a couple with a movie theme.

What i really want to go as, is Arnold from T2, and my wife as Sarah Connor. But the only costumes i can find are stupid looking ones, with a pathetic looking mask and all from Terminator Salvation.

All i need really is the leather jacket, pants, boots, shades, bullet belt ( i should have quoted that from the movie :D ) My wife would really like to be Sarah Connor as well, but the biggest problem there is her shades, and getting a reasonable looking pair to pull it off. Her second option is to go as Lara Croft.

If i can't do Arnold, i'm thinking Neo and Trinity.

Thoughts anyone :smashin:

shodan

Distinguished Member
I hate fancy dress so the only thing I go as is an Extra "sitting at the bar, drinking"..

jp_bl_68

If i can't do Arnold, i'm thinking Neo and Trinity.
That might sound like a good idea but you'll look like a pair of *****. No one is cool enough to pull off that look.

I wouldn't have thought it'd be that hard to find Arnie/Sarah Connor clothes. You can definitely get the sunglasses on ebay. The leather clothing will probably be harder to come by. You might be better off investing in a decent leather jacket if that's the case.

Personally, I'd go as Mickey and Mallory Knox.

IronGiant

I won a bottle of champagne for my Shrek rendition :D And that was a pillow not my gut ;)

Attachments

• Shrek.jpg
    Shrek.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 905
Last edited:

TheForge

Go as Adam and Eve, think of the money you will save on costumes :devil:

How about some X Men or other super heros etc..

Pulp Fiction springs to mind too.

The Forge
Recharging my H.E.V suite and polishing my crowbar

IronGiant

Picture added to previous post ;) I shaved my head and beard specially :)

IronGiant

What happened to the jeans? :laugh:

If you're thinking what I think you're thinking they were "moleskin" and the nap was divided rather unfortunately :D

My wife made a good Fiona, but I can't find the other half of the photo (It's ten years old :)

Steven

Senior Moderator
Don't go as anything green - I did it with the whole Robin Hood getup (don't ask). As interesting a suggestion as Shrek and Fiona is...

Why can your wife not get glammed up as say Marilyn Monroe?

SeanT

Distinguished Member
Done the T2 thing before, trick is getting the leathers right, having a gun (!) and getting someone to make your face look like it's torn to pieces.

DodgeTheViper

Done the T2 thing before, trick is getting the leathers right, having a gun (!) and getting someone to make your face look like it's torn to pieces.

A torn up face isn't the look i'd go for, i'd keep it clean.

So leathers, boots, shades, huge bullet belt ( no gun )

Fowl

The Punisher is also pretty easy.

You can get the Skull T Shirt from Play.com for a reasonable price, and it's much more recognisable IMO.

steviedog

Banned
A few good couple costumes...

Attachments

• 40031.jpg
    40031.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 50190.jpg
    50190.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 60995.jpg
    60995.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,665
  • 50215.jpg
    50215.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 50227.jpg
    50227.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 63146.jpg
    63146.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 311

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Went as Pete and Jordan to our last one which worked really well (wife had 'I hate Pete' badge on). Isn't there already a theme mentioned on the invite, the last 10 at least fancy dress parties I have been to have had a theme mentioned.

DodgeTheViper

Nope, no theme has been mentioned at all - just Fancy Dress Party !

Pete and Katy ! mmmm maybe !

DJMS

Not movie related but how about the Beckhams.

You just need a Man U/England/Real Madrid/LA Galaxy shirt and she just needs a little black dress!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom