1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice before buying all in one box!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by andytrace, Aug 1, 2005.

1. andytrace

andytrace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone

you've probably been asked this hundreds of times (and i apologies) but i cant really find my answer in any threads!
    I'v built a simple DIY video projector (ohp with a lcd ontop) and now i want good 5.1 sound to compliment it!

What power RMS will i need to nicely fill a bedroom, approx 4 meters by 3 meters?

Also if anyone has any recomendations on some setups that would be great!

need Divx compatible and will mostly be using to watch DVDs/Divx movies but would also like it to sound ok when playing music!

oh heres the snag, I'm a film student and have very little money, looking to spend £150 - £200!Will i be satisfied with a setup in this price range?

Thanks for reading!

2. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the surround system, it might be best to buy a small powered sub and junk anything supplied with the majority of systems. The subs that usually come with these things always want try and blow you out the bedroom. They then disapear alltogether when you want them to be quiet.

At least with a powered sub, you will then be able to tailor it a bit more.

The little Denon all in one ( i forgot the model) was a good buy, it then leaves you to choose your own speakers suitable for a small room.

3. andytrace

andytrace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i already have 4 identical loadspeakers from a previous cd player set up!so could i use these, buy an amp, active sub and divx player?

I'v been looking at the KISS divx receiver (450 model i think), are these any good? its aparantly 50watts a chanel, would this be suitable?Or are there better amps out there for the money?

thanks for the help

4. Danimar

Danimar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Digital TV and Freeview (no box).
    I'm trying to find a DVD recorder or VHS that will record digital programs.
    Can anyone help?