Advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by defsdoor, Oct 28, 2002.

1. defsdoor

defsdoor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have converted my loft for use as home cinema room - I don't have a massive budget ( I can go up to 5k) for a TV and sound system.
    I want a Plasma screen (unless I can be persuaded otherwise) and a 7.1 speaker system.
    I have some thoughts on what to get and my initial wish list is -
    Panasonic th42-pw5b or Pioneer pdp433 hde
    Sony str-va333es
    Kef kht2005 speakers

However, this is a big investment and after following some of the threads on here I have read a few things that worry me a little so I would appreciate some genuine advice on what to buy and what not to buy.. I would go to a retailer for advice but you typically find that they push you towards the products that make them the best margin and not that best suits your needs/budget etc..

I will want to connect a few different input sources - DVD player, Cable TV (NTL), PS2, XBox, Gamecube so obviosuly I will need a number of connections - I do not know whether I can simply rely on the receiver to switch all of these so advice on additional equipment required would also be appreciated (tuner box, extra boards, switchers etc..)

So, what setup should I invest in ? What will I need to serve my varied inputs ? What is best ? :)

Thanks in advance.

Andy

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you Plump for the Pioneer HDE I have a brand new Unicol wall mount, that is surplus to my requirements

PM mail me if your interested