Advice appreciated for new sound system

katie kay

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am looking to purchase a new sound system for my living room. I have been doing a bit of reasearch but I am not sure what sort of system I need

I would be looking for a new system with speakers (probably 5.1)
I am able to connect the system to the invernet via ethernet.

I would like it to include DAB and be able to use ipad/android to control. I have access to a lot of digital media on my laptop. Would I need a hard drive or can this be streamed over the web

All in all I am looking for something which has these features which gives the best sound

I have a budget of around £750 all in. Any recommendations are welcome, is there ay particular manufactures that stand out well for this price range?

Thanks
K

Hi Katie,

Is this to listen to music only or is it also going to be used for tv or Blu-ray sound? The reason I ask is that if it's music only, I think stereo is fine rather than 5.1, thus cutting down on the number of speakers required.

Hi Ian, I intend to use it with the TV also, and possibly a blu ray in the future. Thanks

Katie.

Would you like this moving to the home cinema section as this is mainly hi-fi / 2 channel as opposed to 5.1 and you may get a better response over there!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom