1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice and price on Toshiba 32ZP48

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hao, Dec 8, 2004.

1. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am new to this section but have been looking around this and plasma screens. I have decided to go for the 32PZ48 but would be pleased to have some advice. The price on most websites seems to be £857.99, including stand speakers and in some cases a DVD, anyone know anywhere cheaper?
    Which are the best places to buy from and which to avoid?
    Has anyone had the free speakers, if so what do they look like,are they any good and where do they connect to?
    Finally,for now,what is the best connection setup from the TV to Sky digibox and Sony RDR-GX700 as all three manuals indicate different and the sony seems to be a bit particular.
    I hope someone will take pity on a newbie and help out.

2. allengn

allengn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Brief answers to your questions.

Price. The web companies all monitor each other, hence the same price. I would be very suspicious if one supplier was undercutting these by any significant amount.

Where from. John Lewis seems to come out well, through offering a 'free' 5 year warranty. They do offer a price match, but it's somewhat unclear against whom. I brought mine from TV and Video Direct, no problems.

You have no choice about the speakers, they come as part of the package. You should be able to find photo's on the Tosh web site. They connect to the back of the TV, and work (and sound) fine.

Sorry can't help with the connections, but the TV does have 2 RGB scart sockets and component video inputs.

3. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, that is most helpfull, I think JL only do the 36". The speakers look fine but I may wait till after Xmas as the stores are having a price war and I've just seen a Panny plasma come down by £1000 compared with JL. I'm not shure what effect this has on internet prices.

4. neenaw

neenaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'm still wanting to get this tv as well. It's just £850 is a LOT (imo) to spend on a tv so I'm a bit hesitant. It'd be nice to have one for xmas but I'm worried the prices may drop after xmas and then I'll be kicking myself. One way or another though, I'm pretty sure this'll be the tv I get whether it's now or in a few months time. It seems to be THE tv to get sub-£1000 :thumbsup:

5. neenaw

neenaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  6. jools363

jools363

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the speaker stands from www.empiredirect.co.uk - good price too. Ordering and delivery were first class.

7. allengn

allengn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My previous TV, which was a 28" Panny (nothing special), cost me around £800 10 years ago!

The one things that is for certain, is that prices will slowly drop, (they have done so since I broight mine :mad: ), until Tosh decide they no longer wish to produce this model (i.e. when they come out with the ZP58?). This is the time when it will be available much cheaper, simply because they want to get rid of the old stock. However do you want to buy a discontinued model? Due to the tube on my Panny going, I was an enforced purchaser, and given the choice probably would not have chosen to buy for another year or so, on the basis the plasma's are dropping in price quickly, whilst quality is continuing to improve, and HDTV is just around the corner.