Advice and opinions please for non-fixed setup

surfslammer

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've read quite a few threads on here and on the resources members often link to but just can't get it 100% clear in my mind. I'd appreciate any help and advice to help me decide which way to go.

Firstly, this will be our first experience of a projector. We intend to use it for viewing films and sport. We also intend to use it in the house and in the garden where we can sit in our heated summerhouse. On that basis it will not be fixed/ceiling mounted but probably a coffee table type setup. In the house, the distance from the projector to the wall will be around 2.6m max. I will likely rig up a screen setup (such as a blackout blind) that can be put up as and when. I guess that can be up to around 2.2m wide and 2.0m high in the house.

I have got a shortlist from my inexperienced reading and a preferred budget of around £350 to £500. This includes the BenQ W1070, particularly as it was on sale recently at £399 (and I'm hopeful it will be again soon). There is also the Epson EH-TW5200 although I see today the TW5100 is on sale at Amazon for £349.99 which is appealing. I have also looked at Optoma. So either DLP or 3LCD.

I am not sure whether a short throw is definitely the way to go or whether my options are open? Fan noise is a consideration for inside (which puts me off the TW5100 slightly). So any advice on whether I should go for a short throw like the BenQ W1070 which I'm leaning towards or any specific projector model which will work well for my use, will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom