advice about these new mini laptops

jtfab75

Prominent Member
Reaction score
for the past 12 months i've been updating my pc (in my bedroom) which includes putting in a blu-ray.
but sometimes it be nice to surf the net around the house with my feet up so i thought about one of these new mini laptops would be great but are they any good ?
i want to watch downloaded tv (iplayer,4 on demand etc) would i be able to do this ?

thanks

for the past 12 months i've been updating my pc (in my bedroom) which includes putting in a blu-ray.
but sometimes it be nice to surf the net around the house with my feet up so i thought about one of these new mini laptops would be great but are they any good ?
i want to watch downloaded tv (iplayer,4 on demand etc) would i be able to do this ?

thanks

I have the Acer Aspire One 1GB ram 120GB hard drive.

I installed windows vista when I got it but now have windows XP running as the drivers are easier to sort out.

Best bit of kit I have ever bought :smashin:

Just been watching iplayer with no problems at all and the wi-fi connects faster than any other I have tried.

There are shed loads of threads in this forum section already on these. Search for 'netbook', 'MSI Wind', 'Advent 4211', 'Acer One', 'Asus', 'Dell Mini Note' etc etc etc

In a nut shell, and I'm just repeating the various threads that exist already, they are great for what they are designed to do.... browse the net and perform simple, 'light' tasks.

If you have a decent desktop PC to do anything intensive, a netbook is a good companion for internet use.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom