Advice about exercise bikes

Turbo Dragon

Hi all, hope someone can help me here in sport land....

I have recently undergone 2 knee ligament replacement surgeries and my consultany has advised I join a gym to do closed circuit exercise as part of my rehab.

Never been in a gym and it doesn't really appeal to me (leastly because I live nowhere near a gym and cant drive because if my leg brace)

So I thought about getting an exercise bike off ebay etc. can someone give me some pointers on what features I should look out for or good brands to try and get?

Any help appreciated!

Si

Sent from my HTC Desire using AVForums

Johnny P

Apologies for the late reply, but I've only just seen this thread.

It all depends on what you want the exercise bike to do. If you are just after something relatively cheap to pedal away on, you can pick one up for peanuts. If you are something a little better, more comfortable, with a computer which records your time, heart rate, and has various programmes and inclines, it will cost slightly more.

Brands like York aren't too bad for exercise bikes and gym equipment in general.

Turbo Dragon

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I ended up hiring an exercise bike for a month to get my knee working again.

Worked out really well and was a lot less hassle than buying one.

Cheers for the info though!

Johnny P

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I ended up hiring an exercise bike for a month to get my knee working again.

Worked out really well and was a lot less hassle than buying one.

Cheers for the info though!
Glad to hear it, mate! Hope your knee is recovering well!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom