• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice about Connecting Video Sender to Virgin + HD Box

kevtom

Standard Member
Hello,

I am a bit of a technophobe when it comes to anything electronic, so I am hoping somebody can advise me
about the following:

I have the latest Samsung Virgin + HD Box fitted to my main TV and I want to fit a Video sender to the Virgin Box to enable me to receive the signal on my bedroom TV.

I am told that the Nikkai HQ 5.8 Ghz is the most compatible for the Virgin + HD box.

Does the Nikai video sender come with supplied Scart connections, and does it require a 'Scart Spitter' in order to connect the transmitter to the Virgin Box?

There are two Scart sockets fitted on the right hand side of the back of the Virgin Box. The main TV is connected via the lower Scart socket and I presume the vacant upper scart socket is for video input?

Therefore, I assume the Nikkai Video transmitter needs to be connected to the same lower scart socket as the television connection? Am I right?

I have seen that some 'video senders' come with a kind of 'double scart' fitting, which enables you to plug the video sender into the scart socket in the back of a decoder box, and then plug the the TV connected scart into the back of that plug.

Any advice about the best way to connect the Nikkai to the back of the Samsung, Virgin + HD Box would be much appreciated, but please use layman's terms so I can understand.

Many thanks

Kevtom

dante01

Distinguished Member
Use the SCART output labelled 'VCR' for the sender. The output of the two SCART outputs is mirrored (same as one another) unless you instruct the V+ box to output pre recorded material stored on the hard drive via the VCR SCART. If you were to start using the HDMI output for your main TV then the VCR SCART would be the only one of the two to continue to output anything.

Last edited:

kevtom

Standard Member
Thanks Mr Dante. I think I understand what you have. explained. If both SCART 'output' a signal, then I shouldn't go wrong. I am assuming that the top scart socket on the Samsung HD box will be the vcr socket as the engineer connected the TV to the bottom scart socket. Will see how we go when I manage to purchase the video sender kit. Many thanks. Kevtom.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Thanks Mr Dante. I think I understand what you have. explained. If both SCART 'output' a signal, then I shouldn't go wrong. I am assuming that the top scart socket on the Samsung HD box will be the vcr socket as the engineer connected the TV to the bottom scart socket. Will see how we go when I manage to purchase the video sender kit. Many thanks. Kevtom.

Yes, the top output is the VCR SCART on the SAmsung V+. On the older Scientific-Atlanta V+ the lower output is the VCR SCART.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member

May I ask why if you as I assume have a modern LCD or Plasma your V+ Box is connected to your main TV by scart and not HDMI?

Last edited:

kevtom

Standard Member
May I ask why if you as I assume have a modern LCD or Plasma your V+ Box is connected to your main TV by scart and not HDMI?

Yes, Mr Boostrail, It's quite simple, I still own a 36inch Sony Wega, mamouth 15.5 stone old TV, with a perfect picture. I recently upgraded my Virgin set top box to the new Samsung HD + box, as my broadband ceased to work with the old style box with inbuilt modem. so I invested in a new HD box. There was no point in investing in a standard definition one when I plan to change my old Sony Wega when it dies. My main problem is trying to find a couple of people who are strong enough to be able to carry it out if the house!!!! Regards, Kevtom

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom