Advice 46X2000 & RHTG800

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by gary350, Sep 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. gary350

gary350

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Any advice for a complete elderly novice, I have a sony 46X2000 with stand RHTG800 coming on friday, as I may be moving house soon I do not want to go into upgrading to HD yet so what is the best way to connect the sony TV to the stand and also connect a Panasonic DVD player DVD-V40 to view freeview SD only. My thoughts are HDMI from stand to TV and scart from DVD to TV are there any other options for better picture. I usually go the Sony Centre free install route but they were almost £1K dearer.

gary

2. matt78

matt78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Optical or co-axial digital cable (supplied with the RHT-G800) from your DVD player to the G800, then use component connections between your DVD and the TV (if your DVD player supports it). Component is much better than SCART. Then connect your TV to the stand using either an optical digital connection or standard stereo phonos. Don't be tempted to just take one optical from the TV to carry all TV and DVD sound - it won't carry the Dolby Digital/DTS encoding from your DVD to your stand.

Just out of interest, what was the total package price you paid for the 46x2000 and RHT-G800?

3. gary350

gary350

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Total was £2,599.98 which included £99.99 delivery, also includes 5 year warranty.
    http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/sites/categoryviewtommy.asp?sort=&pageno=16
    I see on your profile that you work for a Sony centre, although on the sony site it gives the 46X2000 as 2599 my sony centre has it at 2999 and will not price match although they did say earlier that they would, they (the manager) said that the quote as above was a sales quote which had now finished, rubbish. A week later (after I had ordered the system) they (sales guy) said they could have price matched - too late.

gary