Advice: 37" with 1:1 pixelmapping

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Houbi, Dec 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Houbi

Houbi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in agony over which lcd-tv to buy, so frustrating and hard getting reliable info.

I've decided for an LCD (obviously), 37", 1366x768.
    TV main use will be for use with HTPC and it's therefore paramount that is has 1:1 pixelmapping via HDMI. Component input would be nice but not mandatory.

So far I've looked at SHARP LC37GD9E and Toshiba 37WLG66 but haven't found info that beyond doubt says that any of them does 1:1.

Could anyone suggest a 37" that supports 1:1 that isnt too expensive (~1600$).

Ps:
    I have searched a couple of hours for info but if you feel I missed a blatantly obvious post/sticky/faq whatever plz link - don't flame :lease:

2. Crafty

Crafty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Im not sure that there are any 1366x768 screens that support 1:1 - I've not seen it mentioned anywhere. Usually this size panel accepts a 720p signal and overscans it.

You might look to the XD1E sharp, which is £999. Its 1080p and will do 1:1 mapping.

3. Houbi

Houbi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go figure...
    Overscan...meaning i will have black borders or will it scale the image to native res?

The LC37XD1E is out of my pricerange :(

4. Crafty

Crafty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    it will scale it, only slightly mind.. if thats the budget you have maybe you should do some viewings and see if you like the PQ ?

5. turbo_c

turbo_c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's actually a number of posts where 1:1 mapping is mentioned. Generally the LG's and Samsungs are supposed to be good for 1:1 mapping.

turbo