Adverts That Annoy You or Like.

Garrett

Reaction score
My main one at the moments is the one were the sing about an accident they've had, to me its like singing how great it was to accident to get some compensation.

Also an other singing one is the BBC one:the hills are alive with the smell of baking.

i hate all annoying adverts, the only ones i think are ok are the funny ones like the haribo sweets adverts where the adults talk in children's voices.
There aren't many adverts that really annoy me, except those Haribo adverts, so bloody annoying.

There are very few ads that don't annoy me. I avoid them like the plague. I rarely watch live TV so I can fast forward through the damn things. Channel Four have been showing an ad for themselves in which they say the channel is totally free because it's funded by the ads. Not true! Whenever we buy a product advertised on C4 we are paying for the channel.

Bri

But how will we know w
Channel Four have been showing an ad for themselves in which they say the channel is totally free because it's funded by the ads. Not true! Whenever we buy a product advertised on C4 we are paying for the channel.

Bri

Thought you said you didn't watch the Ad's........ lol

The only ones I've ever liked are the Smash ones with the aliens and the one with Mark Williams saying, "we want to be together", in his best Brummie accent whilst the woman sitting beside him looks devastated.

Bloody waste of time and money, the lot of them.

Last edited:
The only ones I've ever liked are the Smash ones with the aliens and the one with Mark Williams saying, "we want to be together", in his best Brummie accent whilst the woman standing beside him looks devastated.

I'm a big fan of Mark Williams but I don't remember that one. Was that as long ago as the robot Smash ads?

Bri

Oh yes, Brian, it's nearly as ancient as me!

I think it was from the 80's and was well before he became a household name. I think it was for an insurance company. I've looked it up on YouTube but no one's uploaded it, alas.:(

All of them.

Yup, simply don't watch ads and haven't for years. Even on the very, very rare occasions we're forced to watching something live with adverts I always mute them and pick up a tablet or a book to read while they're on.

On a similar note it's a love-hate relationship with sponsorship bumpers. On the one hand they're too close to adverts for comfort, but against that they do provide a smoother landing zone from 30x FF'ing.

Regards

Mark

Last edited:
The only ones I've ever liked are the Smash ones with the aliens and the one with Mark Williams saying, "we want to be together", in his best Brummie accent whilst the woman sitting beside him looks devastated.

I've altered the title as although we general loath them some are not too bad.

I generally don't watch adverts as I record anything I want to watch however the only recent one that made me laugh and continues to make my children laugh is the Money Supermarket Advert where the guy wears high heels and hot pants and twerks his way down the road to the sounds of the Pussycat Dolls song.

I am quite liking the 3 advert, at the minute.

Hate the TripAdvisor ad where the dog goes 'Book' instead of a bark. So annoying I turn the volume down when it is on or turn to another channel. If you want to endure this one here it is:

Two I like
Hate the TripAdvisor ad where the dog goes 'Book' instead of a bark. So annoying I turn the volume down when it is on or turn to another channel. If you want to endure this one here it is:

Isn't there one that's on TV now that sound almost there saying something off?

Two of mine that hits the spot for me being both an animal lover and soul fan, first one sung by The Shirells and second by Marving Gaye and Tammi Terrell.

Sad thing after the filming of the freeview one the budgie started swallowing the cat.
Birdcat.jpg

Don't like (with a passion).......anything with the public singing in it, and the one with the bald bloke in a skirt and heels. I want to hit his face with a sledge hammer and wipe that annoying expression clean into next week (lol).

Like.....can't think of any, but last one probably the Honda advert with the bloke riding/driving through time (The Impossible Dream).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom