1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advertising my G70. Need help.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 008, Jun 26, 2005.

1. 008

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Guys
    After seeing James's Marquee at the event Ive finally decided to take to take the plunge and upgrade to a 9"
    That means I need to sell my beloved Sony G70. Apart from this forum and fleabay does anyone know of other forums/sites I should be advertising in ?
    Id also be interested in opinions of what I could ask for the unit, its got perfect tubes, probably due to the very low contrast that I run, and its only clocked up 1700 hours.
    Lee

2. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +825
    Hi Lee,
    Well, fancy that! It did make an impression on you as well.
    I think you've nailed the likely outlets, both can sometimes attract a good response.
    Have you decided what you are going to get?
    regards,
    Nick

3. 008

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Nick,
    Yes Im going for a Marquee 9500 if possible. It wont be a night and day difference for me as the G70 is already an exceptional pj as its liquid coupled.
    But I cant help but want the ultimate !
    Lee

4. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +825
    Hi Lee,

My approach to selling would be to imagine I was buying, and consider how I would find one. I think these days a lot of of selling success comes down to the effectiveness of internet searches, so you need to catch as many key words in your description, and especially title, as possible. Call it a "Sony VPH G70 (G-70) CRT HDTV Projector" or something like that. And be patient; there aren't many sellers and there aren't many buyers, though they all know what a G70 is. As for price - really not sure. Only the dealers have a good idea about that, but private sales are different matter. I would be interested myself, but have similar ambitions to you. Good luck.

Nick