Advent T9000 keeps reseeting when playing a game on it

vic8

I've recently started playing Hitman: Blood Money, and my computer has restarted 3 times today. I havent had the same problem with Wolfenstein or Half Life 2. Could it be because I have the graphics settings too high?

stu.artd

Sounds like the system is possibly struggling and overheating, do the fans come on hard bwfore it restarts ? Does the laptop system feel warmer than when playing HL2 ?

vic8

Yeah the fans are pretty loud when it restarts, but they're always pretty loud when my computer first starts up. Btw, its a desktop, not a laptop.

Is there anything I can do to keep the temperature down? I cant even save mid-level and come back to the same point, so playing the game is pointless at the moment.

badbob

Banned
Do you have a spare, higher end PSU you try out? If it's not overheating it could be failing PSU.

stu.artd

Yeah the fans are pretty loud when it restarts, but they're always pretty loud when my computer first starts up. Btw, its a desktop, not a laptop.

Is there anything I can do to keep the temperature down? I cant even save mid-level and come back to the same point, so playing the game is pointless at the moment.

Try removing a side panel, if it's overheating that may help a little.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom