Advent Foxconn motherboard support

cjb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Following my earlier thread on updating CPU/MBD for video editing.
Got myself an Advent T9160 from PCWorld with Q6600 and 3Mb ram.
Only query is... I was told it had a Foxconn motherboard G33M so I checked that this was properly supported before buying by looking at the Foxconn site.

So, everything is working fine ..apart from Vista... but when I tried to load some Fox Bios utiliies from the website, it said the board was wrong type.
I looked inside and it is a Foxconn G33MDHA but Nero sees it as a Dixons G33M05MP, so it is obviously a special.
Anyone had similar and know where I can get drivers if I need them.. I have sent a query to Fox but too early yet.:rolleyes:

Corr.. thats so obvious I hadn't thought of it.. just had a look tho and apart from the Techguys I cant see specific support. I know I could probably speak to them direct tho.. had you a specific link in mind ?

Got myself an Advent T9160 from PCWorld
T9160 or should that be T9106? I can't see a T9160 listed on the site.
with Q6600 and 3Mb ram.
I'd take it back and get the RAM upgraded to at least 2Gb otherwise I doubt you'll get Vista to load :rotfl:
So, everything is working fine ..apart from Vista... but when I tried to load some Fox Bios utiliies from the website, it said the board was wrong type.
.....Anyone had similar and know where I can get drivers if I need them
If it is the T9106 then the specs & downloads for it can all be found Here

Mark.

It is a T9610 Q6600 Vista, but I can keep checking that link.
Thanks

T9610 specs & downloads from Here

Mark.

very helpfull, thanks Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom