• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advent Foxconn motherboard support

cjb

Standard Member
Hi,
Following my earlier thread on updating CPU/MBD for video editing.
Got myself an Advent T9160 from PCWorld with Q6600 and 3Mb ram.
Only query is... I was told it had a Foxconn motherboard G33M so I checked that this was properly supported before buying by looking at the Foxconn site.

So, everything is working fine ..apart from Vista... but when I tried to load some Fox Bios utiliies from the website, it said the board was wrong type.
I looked inside and it is a Foxconn G33MDHA but Nero sees it as a Dixons G33M05MP, so it is obviously a special.
Anyone had similar and know where I can get drivers if I need them.. I have sent a query to Fox but too early yet.:rolleyes:

cjb

Standard Member
Corr.. thats so obvious I hadn't thought of it.. just had a look tho and apart from the Techguys I cant see specific support. I know I could probably speak to them direct tho.. had you a specific link in mind ?

MarkE19

Got myself an Advent T9160 from PCWorld
T9160 or should that be T9106? I can't see a T9160 listed on the site.
with Q6600 and 3Mb ram.
I'd take it back and get the RAM upgraded to at least 2Gb otherwise I doubt you'll get Vista to load :rotfl:
So, everything is working fine ..apart from Vista... but when I tried to load some Fox Bios utiliies from the website, it said the board was wrong type.
.....Anyone had similar and know where I can get drivers if I need them
If it is the T9106 then the specs & downloads for it can all be found Here

Mark.

cjb

Standard Member
It is a T9610 Q6600 Vista, but I can keep checking that link.
Thanks

MarkE19

T9610 specs & downloads from Here

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom