Advantages of Leaving the EU

Try not to be all doom and gloom, we have just started with Brexit, a bit like the EU medical vaccination program you were mentioning. Let's see how things are in six months or do you want to go on your holibobs sooner?
Didn't Rees Smug say it could take fifty years?

Nurses offered a measly pay rise, despite their sterling work in a pandemic, would like to know what happened to £350m a week.

Five years ago my mother was already a full time resident of Spain with no residence in the UK and in good health. It also was not known what arrangements would be made as part of the brexit deal. Your lack of understanding about the uncertainty created by a last minute deal which stymied a lot of the discussions about the future relationship is astounding.

Have you ever shared your mental health on here in this section?

Your “planning ahead” entailed you essentially stopping all “trade” with the EU within your business. Hardly a great insight.
yes I have many times, normally when accused of having no compassion or empathy :)

Great insight or not, I still managed to manage the situation, as it happened as I expected. Borders closed, silly rules enforced etc etc

Global pandemic- borders closed, look to the past, and see what happened and what the responses would be, none of this is rocket science

And of course, the bonfire of red tape is an enormous benefit to leaving the EU. You can ask anyone in Northern Ireland who ships to the UK, they will testify to this. Or indeed anyone in the UK exporting to the EU. It's all so much easier now.

It wasn’t obvious that a global pandemic would cause brexit to have such devastating effects on families like mine. Five years ago my mother was already a full time resident of Spain with no residence in the UK and in good health. It also was not known what arrangements would be made as part of the brexit deal. Your lack of understanding about the uncertainty created by a last minute deal which stymied a lot of the discussions about the future relationship is astounding. Your lack of compassion is disgusting.
You've already had many members including myself offer our thoughts on your loss. But big decisions like Brexit are always going to cause personal issues to some. No choice was ever going to make all happy. Doesn't mean you don't make the choice.

The agreement was between two parties leaving it all to last minute with brinkmanship, not just UK.

The vast majority voting for Brexit are British people living in Britain who may pop into mainland Europe for a holiday now and again. The majority carried the vote.

And of course, the bonfire of red tape is an enormous benefit to leaving the EU. You can ask anyone in Northern Ireland who ships to the UK, they will testify to this. Or indeed anyone in the UK exporting to the EU. It's all so much easier now.
Time to blame the GFA and Blair and the terrorists for that one.

Should have just put up a border and to hell with the consequences.

If the serbs and the croats can cope so can the Catholics and the protestants.

There’s going to be some serious confusion for Brexit supporters if Cummings really does have recordings of Johnson. Which side will they take? Will Cummings become the devious scheming person, and Johnson with innocent victim, taken down by a remoaner (oh!)?
None issue for me. Get Boris out (Cummings already out) and put another into PM position. Just down to which one.

Volunteering to man that border?

For the love of Pete, that is just ignorant. The GFA saved countless lives.

yes I have many times, normally when accused of having no compassion or empathy :)

Great insight or not, I still managed to manage the situation, as it happened as I expected. Borders closed, silly rules enforced etc etc

Global pandemic- borders closed, look to the past, and see what happened and what the responses would be, none of this is rocket science
Thanks. I’d never seen you mention it before in this Politics section, where many posters here spend the majority of their time. Maybe accusing someone of a lack of empathy, for something they don’t know, is a little unfair. My daughter is autistic, so I’m well aware of the challenges of communication, even more so online.

The rules you mention (Spain enforcing third country immigration policies etc) aren’t “silly”, they’re just what they are for third countries so I agree that they could be foreseen. However, with regards to trade terms, it was never that clear cut as those negotiating always stated that they would keep current trading practices in place, and retain access to the SM etc. Whilst relatively far fetched, the U.K. Government didn’t actually release any specifics until after we’d left.

Nurses offered a measly pay rise, despite their sterling work in a pandemic, would like to know what happened to £350m a week.
Shop assistance in supermarkets without high-end PPE and seeing vast numbers of strangers in enclosed spaces also did Sterling work, as did police being spat at. Can't get more enclosed than a bus or taxi driver still delivering an essential service. They should have a bonus like in Scotland, pay rises are linked into many long term negotiations and ongoing agreements.

absolutely, blame covid, it will infuriate the remoaners for decades to come
I think what you've just done there is admit that Brexit will have an adverse effect on the UK for decades to come, but it's okay because you can pretend it's covid's fault.

Shop assistance in supermarkets without high-end PPE and seeing vast numbers of strangers in enclosed spaces also did Sterling work, as did police being spat at. Can't get more enclosed than a bus or taxi driver still delivering an essential service. They should have a bonus like in Scotland, pay rises are linked into many long term negotiations and ongoing agreements.
Nurses didn’t have “high end PPE” either, they had surgical masks/gloves/plastic aprons (and bin bags at one point in the case of my wife). Supermarkets already have given pay rises/bonuses to their staff for working throughout;

I think what you've just done there is admit that Brexit will have an adverse effect on the UK for decades to come, but it's okay because you can pretend it's covid's fault.
Sour grapes still in season it would appear.

No what I was saying was that any negative effects caused by Brexit will be covered up/indistinguishable from the effects of Covid. It will be hard to decide which has caused a particular effect or which contributed most to an effect.

The truth is going to be very hard for remoaners you mean.
Nothing new though.
Do we really still need to do the whole “Remoaner” thing? Isn’t it a bit childish.

Nurses didn’t have “high end PPE” either, they had surgical masks/gloves/plastic aprons (and bin bags at one point in the case of my wife). Supermarkets already have given pay rises/bonuses to their staff for working throughout;

:D I knew you would have to single out supermarkets, that's why I included the other job roles. Plus only the headline supermarkets paid out. A bet my local independent didn't and many of the other small partner chains.

Nurses etc. deserve a one off bonus if people can only ever focus on financial reward over job satisfaction and feeling of doing good & the right thing. Don't soldiers get a temporary increase when in active conflict duty.

Now in the mind of a remoaner, in response to +ve news, must post something negative as a response- errrrr, All british teeth are bad. That'll show those smug leavers!!
I hope you realize you are insulting almost half the Brexit voting remainers as moaners.

You could argue all day long about whether Brexit is good or bad. But here is a fact: it has driven a wedge down the middle of this nation, and the fact that we are still bickering about it now, 5 years later, tells its own tale. This will take decades to heal.

What a sad little island we are now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom