Advantages of Leaving the EU

No, but your post seemed pretty certain, hence me asking you if we were part of a Federal State of Europe;

“Pretty sure I did not vote for a federal states of europe which is the Rubicon that the Lisbon treaty crossed.”
We are not now, hopefully it stays that way.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Liberty Steel in terms of a government bailout, as being free from EU rules on state aid was one of the advantages Brexiters told us about. If Johnson doesn't take advantage of it to save the steel industry it will be odd to say the least.

I think it's already been rejected, based on the money would be used to pay for his 42 million pound house and finance his other deals he has abroad.

My first brush with Brexit, Marmite and Vegemite are imported into Norway from the U.K., now that the U.K. has left these products are no longer available in Norway. U.K. cheese has also gone from the supermarket shelves, along with Branston pickle and Baxter’s chutney and relishes. I was ambivalent towards Brexit before, I’m not any longer, it’s a stupid idea.

I don't think anyone is saying that everyone should have been informed about the Maastricht treaty. Maastricht received pretty widespread television and press coverage at the time. At the end of the day, if you want to find out more about any particular subject, it is down to you to find out.
That's easy to say now with the internet accessable to everyone. Back then was it that easy to research on a subject?

That's easy to say now with the internet accessable to everyone. Back then was it that easy to research on a subject?

It may have been pre-internet, but it wasn't exactly the dark ages. As I said, it was extensively covered in the press.

My first brush with Brexit, Marmite and Vegemite are imported into Norway from the U.K., now that the U.K. has left these products are no longer available in Norway. U.K. cheese has also gone from the supermarket shelves, along with Branston pickle and Baxter’s chutney and relishes. I was ambivalent towards Brexit before, I’m not any longer, it’s a stupid idea.
I though the production if Marmite had gone to mainland Europe a while back?

I'm sure if you had let us know in advance we could have cancelled Brexit 🙂

Whats the majority vote of a nation compared to missing Marmite !

Sorry, for the humour/sarcasm, couldn't resist. 😁

Last edited:
Dominated by the tabloids even more so then now.

Press = newspapers, television, and radio.

I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make, to be honest.

Press = newspapers, television, and radio.

I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make, to be honest.
My point is, it wasn't as easy to research things as it is now, which you seem to disagree with

We have the internet available to everyone, yet still have anti-vaxxer’s, anti-maskers, and people who believe what David Icke and Piers Corbyn say...having information available, and people actually using it are two wildly different things.

My point is, it wasn't as easy to research things as it is now, which you seem to disagree with

No, I agree with what you are saying. It is easier to research things now.

But it certainly wasn't impossible back then. Particularly if the thing you are trying to research is receiving widespread media coverage.

We have the internet available to everyone, yet still have anti-vaxxer’s, anti-maskers, and people who believe what David Icke and Piers Corbyn say...having information available, and people actually using it are two wildly different things.
Can't argue with that.

When I was at Uni in the early 80’s there was no internet etc, it was still fairly easy to research stuff, even current affairs at that time.

I'm sure if you had let us know in advance we could have cancelled Brexit 🙂

Whats the majority vote of a nation compared to missing Marmite !

Sorry, for the humour/sarcasm, couldn't resist. 😁

Anyone who voted for is a complete muppet, Marmite is still made in the UK.

Marmite is still made in the Unilever Burton on Trent Factory (I used to dread being on call when we were upgrading any of their servers as they were ancient!)

Anyone who voted for is a complete muppet, Marmite is still made in the UK.
Over simple generalisation. I like muppets so won't take offense 😀

If EU so good why is your country Norway not a full member? Are a lot of your countrymen muppets too?

Last edited:
Over simple generalisation. I like muppets so won't take offense 😀

If EU so good why is your country Norway not a full member? Are a lot of your countrymen muppets too?
Well I’m a kiwi so I have no say in Norways membership, if I was allowed to vote and Norway held another referendum I would vote yes to join. I believe Norway will ultimately have to become a member, Norway’s defacto membership is pointless. We apply all the laws but have no say in making them, the no campaign did Norway a massive disservice.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what happens with Liberty Steel in terms of a government bailout, as being free from EU rules on state aid was one of the advantages Brexiters told us about. If Johnson doesn't take advantage of it to save the steel industry it will be odd to say the least.
Might depend on whether they are Tory party donors?

You can always come back to the UK and buy some.
I thought certain food stuffs (which I believe Marmite is one) are now illegal to bring through domestic customs? Remember the truckers ham and cheese sandwich fiasco in the news?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom