ADT Visonic Powermax door tamper fault

jimmythefish

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me please.

My daughter has moved into a house with an ADT Visonic Powermax10 wireless alarm. The door sensor (looks like a PG9975 or similar) was reporting low battery so I replaced it following an on-line tutorial. Now have a door tamper alarm I can’t clear i.e. when trying to arm the alarm it will not and “NOT READY MEMORY TRBL” is displayed. Pressing i/OK button I get Z01 FRONT DOOR tamper fault displayed. Have checked that the sensor case has been replaced correctly.

We have the user code but no engineer’s code so can’t remove and replace the sensor from the system. Have found the user and engineer’s manuals on line, and tried arming and disarming the alarm but that hasn’t helped to clear it.

Would appreciate any help or advice, Jim

It would sound like it’s been setup to only allow the clearing of faults through the engineer menu. If it is a maintained alarm then I guess ADT can/would do it for a fixed Callout charge

Fabien

Hi Fabien, thanks for the prompt reply. My daughter wanted to avoid the cost of an ADT contract and their call out charges are quite high.
I have seen other alarm systems in which the user has to acknowledge a tamper fault by putting the user code in twice together with a clear button but couldn't find a similar process in the Powermax user manual. I guess you would have told me if there is such a process.

I have seen on-line instructions for factory resetting the Powermax 10 (shorting three pins out for 5 seconds with the power off and battery disconnected), and hence then being able to use the default engineer' code. I didn't know if the siren would be going off while this was being done because the control unit wouldn't be holding the siren off. Do you know if the siren does go off if the control unit is totally depowered?

Thanks again for your help, Jim

Unfortunately I am not a power max owner/user, however defaulting the system would give you back full control but you would need to know how to enrol all sensors / keypads / sirens etc again.

As for the siren going off, then the likely hood is yes as you would lose the keep alive / configuration between the siren and control panel, therefore it would think it’s under some kind of attack

Not really much help, but food for thought

Fabien

I've removed our system and defaulted it. If the alarm is not armed then the siren will not go off. Well the siren built in to the powermax goes when you tamper with it. But only for a little while :)

Hi Fabien, Thanks very much for your help and advice.

Hi B14ckGryph0n.
Thanks for the information above.
Did you reset the codes by the method shown on YOUTUBE "reset the codes on your Visionic Powermaster alarm system"? If so did you have to re-enrol the sensors and the bell (siren) after the reset? If you did have to re-enrol the bell did you have to press the re-enrol button in the bell box or could you do it all via the powermax 10 control panel in installer mode?

I'm hoping the bell remained enrolled because in the manual it states to enrol a device you have to "Enter the 7-digit number printed on the back side of the device and press OK or... press the devices enrol button.." Getting ladders to my daughters house will not be easy; me going up them will be even harder.

Sorry for so many questions but I want to be sure so I don't annoy her neighbours!
Thanks again, Jim

Last edited:
I honestly can’t remember to be honest. I cleared all of mine to reset it. But I would guess you have to pair them both as there is bidirectional communication.

Hi B14ckGryph0n. I'll give it a go and see what happens when I next go over to see her. I've seen some claims on-line that it only defaults the codes if I do it right; here's hoping!
Thanks again, Jim

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom