ADSL Extension Kit and BT Infinity

Criller

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

A couple of years ago, whilst renovating the front room, I installed a NTE5 Master ADSL Adaptor and "BT Engineers ADSL Extension Kit" with a dual RJ11 (ADSL+telephone) socket. The extension cable is twisted pair but there are only 3 twisted pairs of wire. Can somebody please advise if this extension setup will work with BT Infinity. I hope it will as my main telephone socket is a corner of the room away from power. I don't mind changing sockets at either end but it's the bit in the middle I cannot easily change.

The cable was sold as Cat5, just doesn't have the 4th pair.

Thanks in advance

I would think that would be fine, only need twisted pair cable of CAT5 spec, with RJ11 to RJ11 which uses 3 pairs.

should be fine don't worry the engineer will check all this when he comes out to hook you up at the cab

I had exactly the same problem, Main socket downstairs, then i got second parallel socket installed upstairs in my bedroom, the engineer didnt want to install it upstairs as it wasnt the "MUCH" thicker cat5 spec, he said it would be unsightly but he COULD install it, I reluctantly just aggreed to install it downstairs, I still however have the upstairs one working.

I would be curious if i could move the BTinfinity Faceplate he installed upstairs, plug in the modem and router and "SEE" if it worked...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom