can i get more then 8128 kbps DownStream Connection Speed

line att 20.0 db downstream
upload stream 11.5db
noise margin
down 19.3 db
up 29.0 db

if i remove bellwire can i get more then 8128 kbps as im on 8meg o2

Last edited:
No, because the product you are on is standard ADSL & you are already synced at the fastest possible speed for that technology.

It may or may not make a difference if you ever move onto an ADSL2+ service. Check Samknows (1st link of my sig) regularly as BE/O2 are getting around a lot of exchanges.

Looks like you have a pretty decent line so you may not need to remove it at all (even on ADSL2+).

ok cool just that i got o2 llu in my area but im stuck on home access as they dont know how to migrate me over to 16meg with out downtime

ok cool just that i got o2 llu in my area but im stuck on home access as they dont know how to migrate me over to 16meg with out downtime

"Don't know how to"? Actually it is impossible as they have to move some wires in the exchange.

well they said on the phone they can migrate but they doing tests before they can confirm that it stable to change over

What a load of dribble.

By migrate they really mean switch over.

Like said above they actually need to physically move you to their llu equipment in your local exchange.

I would say with a line att of 20dB you will get the full 16meg service.

I would only recommend removing the bellwire to gain some extra speed if you went for a service like BE's up to 24meg where lowering the interference of the bellwire would gain you a slight downstream gain.

they said ring back up in about 1-2week to see if they got it up and running yet

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom