ADSL Broadband cut outs on phone calls

My adsl tiscali broadband cuts out when someone rings and also when hanging up.
It works fine all other times and I can reconnect when someone is using the phone also.
It is also not a clear phone line when you are using the internet while the phone is in use.
Any ideas ?

Andy98765

You are missing filters between the telephone socket and phone(s). ALL sockets with phones attached MUST have a filter connected.

Andy98765 said:
You are missing filters between the telephone socket and phone(s). ALL sockets with phones attached MUST have a filter connected.
Thanks for the help,
While im searching for my (spare) filters could you clairfy the following if possible ?

My main phone socket is down stairs with 1 phone (down stairs) and an ext leading to upstairs to a 3 way socket which go to each room one with the PC in.
So which socket or lead needs the filters ?

Thanks

Singh400

Distinguished Member
You'll need 3 microfilters on the leads that go out from the PCs. Then you'll one for the phone downstairs.

butleri

The easiest way to work it out I find is to remember that every phone must go through 1 filter - no more, no less, on there way to the main line.

So you could have just one filter at the main socket before any splits (but then you would need to run a long cable from your PC to the filter. so as Singh400 it might be more practical to have 3 upstairs and one downstairs.

Top Bottom