Adoption

I've been waiting for an update from you guys, didn't want to pry though so just sat here infront of the screen waiting and waiting...:confused:

glad your all doing well, and settling into a routine, glad you are also trying to get rid of the dummy, pet hate of mine. :thumbsup:

Little **** would wake straight back up as soon as she felt me lowering her into her bouncer chair!

Yep - I used to think of it like a tilt-sensor - you do learn to beat it :)

Beat me to it.

I deserve more than a tummy rub [emoji51]

Also to add, Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine... worth it's weight in gold.. if this thing cost £500 I would pay it! ... when we start to have overnight stays somewhere, this bad boy is coming!
I think you said they're over one year old, right? In which case it wouldn't apply...

The only concern I had with this was that for the first few months I didn't think it gave enough hot water (in the smallest couple of dose sizes) to actually sterilise milk. Other than that, yes, life saver!

Also, your nappy changes are going to become like F1 pit stops - increasingly optimised and fast beyond belief :D

Best gadget ever!!! :D

Such gadgets never existed in my day, I'm quite jealous.

My youngest, littlest babe is {choke} 13 today. She's grown up so fast :love:. Seems only yesterday we were changing that first nappy... You have great times ahead :clap:

All teenagers and upwards, bet the time has just flown! Last 4 years for us has flown past, savour the moment(s)!

Love the perfect prep machine though, didn't really use it for our first but was all over it with our second, first thing I recommend to anyone with a baby haha

We are all still alive! I am on my second day of managing not to call Desmo home from work to help with my sanity !

I am struggling with the lack of adult conversation. As we have to wait for her to fully attach to us before having lots of visitors, it is very isolating. And I am a real people person. Can't go to any playgroups yet, she cannot tolerate car journeys longer than 15/20 mins without needing being played with and doesn't sit too long in the pram before wanting to be picked up. These things are normal baby things. But until she is fully attached and secure, I have to respond to her cries, whereas with an attached baby, i would just ignore her cries if she was just crying for the sake of it.

But she is progressing so much. Our health visitor told the adoption placement review that she has made phenomenal progress since being with us. A very proud moment [emoji4]

It's very draining going through it from day dot, I can't imagine trying to condense that further down the line as well, parenting isn't easy regardless what angle you approach it from but I imagine it can be especially stressful when the wee one is a bit older and that's your starting point. The lack of adult interaction is murder, my partner struggled with it on maternity leave, I struggle about 5 minutes after she goes to work :D

My son was a silent observer for as long, now him and his sister don't stop from the moment their awake to the moment they go down, I'm really not much a talker and it's hard to adapt.

That's great news about her progress, I expect she'll come on leaps and bounds with you two, so many moments you should be proud of in your journey over the years, so glad it's all been worth it and you've got yourself two little feet ;) :D

Things are progressing nicely, she is much more secure which has allowed me to go a bit more out and about. She is babbling and proper chuckling now which is so lovely :)

She now sits unaided and reaches, her fine motor skills are storming ahead! She has also discovered how to roll around everywhere, stair gate time!

Last week, we experienced the best yet ' how to accidentally wake up a sleeping baby with noise ' incident.

We have

Sonos Play 5 - Lounge
Sonos Play 1 (x2) - Kitchen
Sonos Play 1 - Our bedroom
Sonos Play 1 - Nursery
Phillips Hue - Nursery, set to a lovely dark midnight blue for those night feeds.

Madame look an hour to get to sleep, instead of her usual 15/20 mins. Desmo then pops out to get takeaway. Comes back home, within 2 minutes of walking through the door, every sonos in the house switches on and blasts absolute radio at full bloody volume. We start running around the downstairs trying to switch them off, remembering we have them upstairs also.... Not only is the sonos in her room on full blast and not playing the lovely piano sleepy music she is accustomed to, the effing light is on full beam and brighter than the sun! Poor child was traumatised and wasn't even crying, she was too stunned. She must have thought we were under attack! :rotfl:

The culprit ? A new app he had downloaded to further experiment with home automation :facepalm:

Little update, the baby is crawling!...With gusto!!...She has settled so much recently it is unreal. She smiles ALL of the time and now sleeps through pretty much

We are filing for the adoption order this week, it will take a while for the courts to whir away but this year she will legally be our little girl

Really loving being her Mummy and love my little family :)

Just to share with everyone: my wife and I now have a matching panel date for two children. The social worker is very confident but I have this mixture of tremendous excitement and fear it won't go through.

That's great news! ... From what I know, the matching panel really is a formality unless something drastically changes between your Family Linking Meeting and Panel. Our Social Worker who is very honest with us said it is very very rare a matching panel does not agree.

But I totally understand your fear, I don't think I could quite believe we were going to be parents until the day we met our little girl.

The early days are hard, not withstanding the total life change that comes with being a parent, the funnelling is really hard and can be very frustrating. We took things very slowly with our little girl, she had a very strong bond with her Foster Mum. In the beginning I thought we would never treat her like a ' normal ' baby and hand her to people for cuddles but we just recently lifted the cuddle embargo 3 months in.

Every child is so different but you must stick to your guns with family & friends if you sense your children are struggling.. ours was fine at the time but screamed blue murder during the night following some interaction with someone new... cue the ' but all kids do that blah blah blah ' .. just nod and smile :D

Can't wait to hear your good news

Thank you. It's all happened exceptionally fast so just catching breath!

I think you're right re matching panel: I'm especially encouraged as their social worker (whom I trust enormously) sent is some pictures of them over Christmas with a couple of updates. I keep telling myself she wouldn't have done that if it weren't likely!

Just wait for the whirlwind to hit :D

You WILL sit and think "what have we done?" but don't panic....it will right itself and after a little time you will LOVE it.....guaranteed.

Just wait for the whirlwind to hit :D

You WILL sit and think "what have we done?" but don't panic....it will right itself and after a little time you will LOVE it.....guaranteed.

In some ways I think you're lucky that you skipped past the few beginning months - they're whirlwind after whirlwind, the minute you think you have it figured out BANG, they come up with something completely new. This week - waking up at night and not sleeping again.. the joys of changes at 9 months old! :rotfl::(

Just hoping and praying it all comes through now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom