Quantcast

Adoption

D

Deleted member 92943

Cheers mate. The woman we had was our 3rd social worker. I’m hoping when the time comes we can revert back to the 2nd one

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I wonder who influenced him...

Last edited:

Sinead

Him ? Can you not see the sparkly converse ? :rotfl:

She gets mistaken for a boy a lot, she has short hair and we don't dress her in pink frilly stuff :facepalm:

IronGiant

we don't dress her in pink
I disagree:

upload_2018-9-19_19-26-8.png

Girl shoes: pink, girl socks: pink and girl leggings... also pink.

:)

My girls are almost 15 and 17, good luck :thumbsup:

Last edited:

IronGiant

I made the same mistake over my daughter's nail vanish, no Dad, it's Coral....

D

Deleted member 92943

Well, it's been a tough few months getting to where we are now but the end is in sight for this part of the journey.

We we're given the panel date in December of March 5th but it's now been brought forward to February 19th. Social worker is confident we won't have any issues so here's hoping...

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Thanks for letting us know.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I'm sure all will be fine....keep us updated :)

We've had our little ones 3rd birthday party today...all got a bit mental with a house full of kids :D

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Well done & wish you all the best! My wife at 46 thinks we're too old now.. Can I ask how old you both are?

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I'm 43 and wife is 40 later this year.

D

Deleted member 92943

We are 30 and 31 but we found in our training sessions, a lot of couples in their 40s who are going to adopt. Most were looking at kids around school age or higher

D

Deleted member 92943

Panel (all 6 members) voted to approve us for recommendation. Just goes to be ratified by head of our adoption agency and will know on Tuesday. Social worker said not to worry and we'll be fine.

can start looking for our boy now

Last edited by a moderator:

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Panel (all 6 members) voted to approve us for recommendation. Just goes to be ratified by head of our adoption agency and will know on Tuesday. Social worker said not to worry and we'll be fine.

can start looking for your boy now
Ah great, such good news :)

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Instant Family (2018) - IMDb
The wife and I were in tears watching this last night heart wrenching I just wish we had a three bedroom house.
Heard about this, will make sure we watch it.

I think I'm a little crazy...as much as our little one can be a pain in the bum and the extra baggage you get with adoption...I want to do it all again :eek:

Marshall Mike

What a heartwarming thread to read through, thanks for sharing your stories everyone.

Adoption is something that I think I would like to do and I have asked my wife to consider. I already have children from previous relationships but my wife doesn’t have any and due to a problem with her cervix she doesn’t think she would be able to carry a baby full term.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
If you've got any questions just fire away. Can always message in private as well if you don't want it all out in the open :)

martimu

Ah just come across this page, as an adoptee, it's lovely to see you amazing people going through the process. My experience is similar to Stuart and Mark. Adopted in 74' and as yet not had any desire to find birth parents.
I'm thinking about having a bit of look now as having my own family I do appreciate that there might be someone out there who might just want to know I'm OK. And if appropriate I'd like to thank them for giving me the opportunity for the wonderful life I have and the most amazing family that brought me up.
Never ever once did I feel adopted and given how fractious family life can be at times that is testament to the strength of the relationship with my parents and siblings. I hope your new family members grow up with the same love and support I had. I could not wish them anything more!

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Thank you for your post. It's not something I usually think about or worry about but it's reassuring and heartwarming all the same :)

martimu

Thank you for your post. It's not something I usually think about or worry about but it's reassuring and heartwarming all the same :)
Most welcome.

When I was a kid I give it no real thought. I was told at some point around 7 or 8 I'm guessing (having had a family friend talking about adoption and me asking what it was) and I remember thinking 'ah ok, cool' and running off to play. I don't think I really it mentioned much afterward. Probably asked a bit more in my teens but it was for the most part just irrelevant.

As you get older I think the appreciation and understanding only grow ( particularly as I now know what hard work the little monsters can be lol!) I consider myself to be very lucky.

Our kids now teach us little things each day.

Yesterday my wife learned not to purchase foam Thor hammers for Marvel obsessed 12 and 10-year-olds :facepalm:

sergiup

Distinguished Member
I thought of posting this as a new thread, but you're all a captive audience already :D

I'm really uncomfortable with this. While I would never dismiss the importance of culture and identity, it's a bit two faced to trumpet against racism and on behalf of equality and integration while at the same time denying a child a potentially loving home (to quote a buddy who said it much better than me) "in case they grow up a bit brown". I just don't get it...