Adoption - what a wonderful thing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Abbeygoo, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,891
    Had some great news this week that my brother and his wife have been given the green light to adopt a little boy aged 13 months.

They have been unable to have children and started the adoption process back in April 2005. On Tuesday, they were finally confirmed that they were adopting a little boy and he should be with them soon.

I was surprised the hoops they have had to jump through. Firstly, it has been nearly three years since they started the process. Next, they have to visit the little boy at his home, be there for meal times, bed times and bath times and then get there before he wakes up for breakfast. I think it is superb that they are "introduced" in this way making the process as smooth as possible for the little 'un .... after all he is the most important one in this whole thing.

Adoption ..... what a wonderful thing both for parents who can't have children and the little kids around and about who otherwise may face a different life altogether .....

2. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +430
    Yes it is - I was adopted 35 years ago, by two loving parents who gave my a wonderful home and life. I know I was wanted and could not have had a happier childhood :)

I hope your new nephew has a great new life :thumbsup:

ps .... bet he is spoilt something rotten ;)

3. shandypants

shandypants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Steve

I'd echo the previous statements and offer my best wishes to your brother and his wife and his new family.

One of my very closest friends was adopted as a baby by a wonderfully warm, caring couple who were just one of the countless thousands who are, for whatever reason, unable to conceive naturally, and she grew to be one of the finest people I know in terms of her integrity, strength of character and well grounded sense of family. She's fit too! (sorry).

Congratulations again.

Shandy

4. h4rri

h4rri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Congrats to the new parents, fantastic thing to do for both them and the child :)

5. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,286
    Good job they don't live in Essex. They would probably have been driven into giving up having to deal with the incompetent morons in Essex Social Services. :mad:

6. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,370
    WOW, 3 years! Man thats a very long process. I knew it was long, but didnt know it was that long.

Can't say I know anyone adopted. But best wishes to your brother and his wife :smashin:

7. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,532
    Great news Steve! As you know, having children in your life is one of life's great pleasures.

And you're now 65 years old? ;) :devil:

Sometimes I think I've been adopted by the AVForums family as I seem to spend more time on here than with my real family! :D