1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Premiere Scene Detection

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by meles, Jun 24, 2005.

1. meles

meles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an OEM version of Premiere Standard on my Vaio PC and am just trying to learn it. I used 'scene detect' when capturing from my camcorder and only got a single avi file with multiple scenes if I just do it manually using the record button. If I set in and out points for the capture, it does detect the scenes into separate files, but seems to run past the scene change, then rewind and play it again in order to make the capture. Surely I must be doing something wrong, as this will wear out the camcorder quite quickly if I do lots of editing. For comparison, I loaded up a trial version of Premiere Elements, and this detects scenes perfectly into separate .avi's when using the record button (not sure if you can set in and out points), and also does so without the rewinding. What am I doing wrong in the Premiere Standard version?

2. roysboys

roysboys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya

I dont use Premiere alot but as far as I know and its the same with all editing packages it will always run past and then rewind when you have marked i/o points as its trying to find its pre roll point (its run up before it starts the capture), unless you do it "on the fly" without i/o points.