1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Premiere or Ulead?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dockerslund, Sep 11, 2003.

1. dockerslund

dockerslund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which package should I use?
    Adobe Premiere or Ulead?
    As far as I understand, Ulead is quite easy to use, is that right?
    I work with Adobe software every day (Photoshop and Illustrator).
    Will it be easier for me to understand Premiere?
    Or should I just go for Ulead?
    P.S. I've never done video editing before, but I don't want to start with Moviemaker 2.

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Try the demo of Sonic Foundry's Vegas Video

Has a lot of converted Premiere followers if you check their forums.

3. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Pinnacle Studio 8 is also very easy to use and is capable of excellent results.

However, if you need to overlay lots of video on video then you'll need a more professional editing suite, such as Adobe Premier or Pinnacle Edition. However, they are not as intuitive as Studio / Ulead / Movie Maker 2 etc. and will take a lot of your time to get the best out of them.

What is your aim with video editing? Are you just after something to give your home videos a bit of gloss, or are you looking at making movies for presentations, or even full length films?

If it's just a bit of home video editing, then something like Adobe Premier will be overkill. For presentations, depending on how 'fancy' you want them to look, you can get away with a 'low-end' package, but there is more of a case at looking at a professional program. For full length films, you really do need a professional program.

I know that you can get free, time limited, demos of Studio, Edition and Premier (and others) which are fully functional, so just have a look at them, play around and see which you prefer.

Just remember, programs like Premier and Edition are very expensive, so you really don't want to buy them unless you know you are going to use them to their fullest potential.

4. dockerslund

dockerslund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks for your answers.
    I reckon I'll go for the easier choice (Ulead), as I'm not going to do any full length films.
    Ulead is still more advanced than Movie Maker 2, isn't it?