1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Encore - Transcoding and the Tosh RDXS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nunew33, Apr 18, 2005.

1. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just been getting to grips with Adobe encore and found that of all the products I have used it gives the most professional looking menus, especially when it comes to non-text menu options.

After 2 hours of creating the best looking menu I have ever created I find that it wont let me decline transcoding on the video assets that I imported from a Tosh recording. I even used the mpg files created by TMPGenc DVD author (which supposedly are un reencoded mpg versions of the vob files), but in both cases it suggests that neither is DVD compliant. Im guessing this by the way it doesnt indicate Iframes in the timeline which it says it does for DVD compliant sources.

Is there any flag i can set in the ifo file that convinces encore its DVD complient

Has anyone any ideas?

before people suggest other applications heres where the others let me down. I created a menu for the new series of Dr who made up Episode #, of the new logo and the title (no background). I then imported these as a adobe PSD and then used encore to create a highlight image simply by recolouring the menu option. The result is that when its highlighted only the graphic changes colour not the background. In TMPGenc DVD author the highlight is a rectangle that doesnt cover the image, looking really amature

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Found my answer in case anyone follows the same path. Adobe encore assumes mpg is non dvd complient if the sound track is muxed. Demux and problem solved