Adobe Acrobate help needed...

Sparky83

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have various floor plans for our building at work, these are PDF format files and I have Acrobat pro to access them and make small changes etc.

What I want to do is add an invisible text box that only becomes visible when you put your mouse pointer over it. So rather than have a cluttered drawing you can just got to the parts you want. Like a distribution board for example, I want to be able to input the circuits etc and then when you hover over it with the mouse it'll display the info in a text box.

I can kind of do this with the add sticky note tab, and the make the icon invisible but you cannot change the size of the icon, only it's shape, star circle etc.

Can what I want to do be done?? If so how do I do it?

Thanks.

Thanks for the link, having looked at it and tried to do it on my pc here I don't have the same options.

It's Adobe Acrobat X Pro if that makes any difference.

Also if anyone knows, can I add shapes to this and have them a certain colour.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Is there another program that will let me open a PDF and edit it and do what I want with it?

eireann10 said:
Photoshop

Ok, do you know how I'd insert various notes onto certain parts of the imagine that are invisible until you put your mouse over it?

Just had a quick play;

Add sticky note - position it where you want the note ie over a dist board etc

Right click - properties- you change change the icon, colour and opacity - so select 0%

..and as if by magic, it disappears....:thumbsup:

Edit; that was done in the standard reader.

I just tried that link using Acrobat 9 Pro. It does work. Click on the FORMS menu item, Add or Edit Fields ....

5zqlnm.png

then

2jy520.png

Drag your "box" around the bit you want, then right click properties and add text to the "Tooltip" box is what will pop up!

1z15km1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
kBm said:
Just had a quick play;

Add sticky note - position it where you want the note ie over a dist board etc

Right click - properties- you change change the icon, colour and opacity - so select 0%

..and as if by magic, it disappears....:thumbsup:

Edit; that was done in the standard reader.

Thanks for the reply, this is what I've managed to do myself but so of the things I want to be able to add notes to are close together or a bit on the small side so I wanted to be able to adjust the size and shape if the invisible section to suit where I want to put it. The shapes provided are to big unfortunately.

Mr Incredible said:
I just tried that link using Acrobat 9 Pro. It does work. Click on the FORMS menu item, Add or Edit Fields ....

then

Drag your "box" around the bit you want, then right click properties and add text to the "Tooltip" box is what will pop up!

I'll have another go later and see if I can get this working.

Do you know how to make coloured boxes/circles etc with this program or can't it be done?

The properties box has another tab where you can specify the colour.

34oyf4w.png

Not sure how the radio button option would work for a circle. There is not a "circle" option for a text field.

Last edited by a moderator:
My version is different to what yours looks like, this is what I get when I click on forms...

image-4042294147.jpg

If I click on create I can add a text box, of the required size, but i can't get it to be a blank invisible box with only my mouse cursor making it visible?

It may be visible whilst you're editing only. Have you saved it and opened it in reader to check?

Thanks, that has worked although its not as quick to show you what it says, not long though, just not as instant as adding a text box sticky note thingy.

This is what I have with the text box sticky notes, but I can't really adjust the size of them to what I want and when stuff is close together it's hard to get them to not over lap,

image-1426160389.jpg

If I can get it like this, but with a more adjustable invisible box I'll be a happy chappie!

Ignore this bottom picture, it's not ment to be there and as I'm on my phone (I guess this is why) I can't delete it as when I go to edit the post it's not even there.

Attachments

• image-1083528077.jpg
    image-1083528077.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Isn't the text box adjustable in size when you create it? Just mouse "drag" the box to the size you want before releasing the mouse button to drop it in place. No?

Off to bed now. GL!!

Yes, I can adjust the size of the text box but it makes it to big and would then overlap other stuff on my screen.

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated!! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom