Adjusting to normality

Pubs, theatres, cinemas, football stadia, night clubs, concerts, foreign holidays and holiday air flights, all sports events, Olympics, and cruises, etc etc if they have be curtailed, then so be it, tough.

All I want is deaths and after affects of this dreadful virus to be stopped.

If we have to curtail these events for a year or more, then so be it, as it better than death.
Which is what the vaccine is for.

Even the biggest compliers won't listen to the emotional blackmail now Granny is safe.

I cannot stand having hot air directly in front of my face - it's oppressive and feels horrible - we expel CO2 for a reason. If someone want's to wear a dozen masks - knock yourself out. I literally want to rip the thing off my face - and do as soon as leave a building where I have to wear one. Other than the environmental disaster we're facing because of billions of masks being discarded, the day we don't have to wear masks anymore will be a good day to celebrate - and I will.
I hate them too, but I’ll wear them. So many people walking around our shopping centre either not wearing one/( often family groups) or irritatingly, under their noses. Then there are the ones proudly displaying their lanyards, with a “ challenge me, if you dare!” look. How many people, really truly cannot wear any face covering under any circumstances? A handful, I bet! I some times say to nose pokers, ” excuse me, did you know your mask has slipped?” Have to be careful who you say it to, though!

I can't stand the masks. I just wear it over my mouth now and keep my distance. We are reaching herd immunity, so by the end of June I won't be wearing it at all.

I can't stand the masks. I just wear it over my mouth now and keep my distance. We are reaching herd immunity, so by the end of June I won't be wearing it at all.

If you’re not going to wear it properly why bother wearing it at all? :rolleyes:

I’m getting fed up with the amount of people whinging and moaning about wearing a mask for half an hour to go shopping. I wear one for 8 hours a day despite having asthma and being exempt, and many medical professionals wear them for longer than that.
I don’t like it, but I’ll wear it for as long as I need to and I’ll wear it properly. I don’t wear it for myself I wear it to protect others and it’s no hardship at all.

Just wearing over your mouth just make you look stupid as you can't even work out how the nose and mouth are connected at the back.

And you will be wearing it where you are told to wear it or else you won't be going there.

As your intelligence doesn't stretch to understanding how we breath, I think it would be pointless asking you more difficult questions like do you think it's your right to endanger others or do you just not care? If the latter, what is your view on taking your freedom away from you to protect others?

Adjusting to normality is going to mean huge changes to many for many different reasons .

Take us for example that during the lockdowns have continued to go out and work . All we have had is a wee bit of mask wearing that we are now used to .

Now consider those who have had a year on furlough, to get back out there is more of a challenge than we have faced .

Or those working from home that now have to go back into the office . Again it has to be quite daunting for some .

My next door neighbours for example have worked from home since last March and have everything delivered .

After being little more than a shut in for that amount of time it is going to be so hard to settle back in .

I expect there to be a few occasions where I am walking along and suddenly the difference will hit me.
COVID has been controlling our lives for so long it seems.

So how do you avoid breathing in through your nose without focussing on that?

So how do you avoid breathing in through your nose without focussing on that?

Natural to me. Stops my glasses from steaming up. Social distancing is the way. Approaching herd immunity now, so what's the point of wearing masks? They want us to keep wearing them past June!

If anything, it's the old people who have been the worst offenders, from not social distancing to yapping in aisles with their friends.

Natural to me. Stops my glasses from steaming up. Social distancing is the way. Approaching herd immunity now, so what's the point of wearing masks? They want us to keep wearing them past June!

If anything, it's the old people who have been the worst offenders, from not social distancing to yapping in aisles with their friends.

Do you realise how stupid these posts make you look? Clearly old people aren’t the only offenders (in my area it’s actually my own age group of 40-50 who are the worst offenders) but its a bit hypocritical to moan about others not following rules when you can’t be bothered to follow them yourself.

Why even come into a thread like this to brag anyway, what are you hoping to achieve?

Do you realise how stupid these posts make you look? Clearly old people aren’t the only offenders (in my area it’s actually my own age group of 40-50 who are the worst offenders) but its a bit hypocritical to moan about others not following rules when you can’t be bothered to follow them yourself.

Why even come into a thread like this to brag anyway, what are you hoping to achieve?

I keep my distance from others and I don't anywhere except the supermarket and walks. I wore my mask, but now it's time to consider dropping it because we are reaching herd immunity through vaccination.

I'd strongly suggest you back off with your incendiary language.

I keep my distance from others and I don't anywhere except the supermarket and walks. I wore my mask, but now it's time to consider dropping it because we are reaching herd immunity through vaccination.

I'd strongly suggest you back off with your incendiary language.

We’re not at herd immunity yet so why behave as if we’re there already and put others at risk?
To be honest I don’t really care if you feel my language is incendiary, it’s a direct response to your incendiary postings. You came into a thread and bragged about not wearing your mask properly. You then moaned about what you perceive as old people not following the rules whilst simultaneously refusing to wear a mask properly.
If you were expecting a pat on the back or praise for you behaviour you’re on the wrong forum.

I am 63 and follow rules and guidelines.

I wore my mask, but now it's time to consider dropping it because we are reaching herd immunity through vaccination.
I will leave that to experts to decide.

Old but gold. ;)

I was talking to my boss about this. He has a rescheduled holiday this summer that he’s concerned about. He said he’d gotten used to his own space and wasn’t sure he will feel comfortable at an airport, on a plane, and in a resort with lots of other people.
Made me realize I’m glad we’ve nothing arranged yet, as I’m 100% the same.
Don’t misunderstand me, I’m looking forward to a beer garden, and being able to go stay with our son again. (2 grandsons, 1 of which we’ve barely seen in person, and he’s 9 months old now).
Thankfully we live in a village, so once things reopen there will likely be LESS folk here, as plenty will be itching to get out there and live.
I’m a little envious, but happy for those who are raring to go.

I was talking to my boss about this. He has a rescheduled holiday this summer that he’s concerned about. He said he’d gotten used to his own space and wasn’t sure he will feel comfortable at an airport, on a plane, and in a resort with lots of other people.
Made me realize I’m glad we’ve nothing arranged yet, as I’m 100% the same.
Don’t misunderstand me, I’m looking forward to a beer garden, and being able to go stay with our son again. (2 grandsons, 1 of which we’ve barely seen in person, and he’s 9 months old now).
Thankfully we live in a village, so once things reopen there will likely be LESS folk here, as plenty will be itching to get out there and live.
I’m a little envious, but happy for those who are raring to go.

This is something that’s been touched on in another thread somewhere I think, but there will be a lot of anxiety with some people about going back to normal.
I get mild anxiety anyway, but after working from home for months it certainly ramped up in that week before I went back to work at the start of March. Once I got there though I slipped back into the usual routine and felt so much better for being back.
I think plenty of people will be feeling the same particularly if they’ve been furloughed or working from home for the better part of a year and will be going back to a busy environment like retail, restaurants and other public facing roles.

This is something that’s been touched on in another thread somewhere I think, but there will be a lot of anxiety with some people about going back to normal.
I get mild anxiety anyway, but after working from home for months it certainly ramped up in that week before I went back to work at the start of March. Once I got there though I slipped back into the usual routine and felt so much better for being back.
I think plenty of people will be feeling the same particularly if they’ve been furloughed or working from home for the better part of a year and will be going back to a busy environment like retail, restaurants and other public facing roles.
I also worked from home. 1 week shy of the full year. Thankfully, I did have to go in once a week for a couple of hours all through.
That certainly helped me pre returning to the office, albeit for only 2 days per week.
In fact I’m loving the 2 days in, 2 days at home, (don’t work fridays), and am hopeful that I can continue this pattern moving forwards.

A year and a month working from and it does get to me on occasion and as long as the weather isn't terrible I get out for a walk, a lovely place here and people talk to each other or there is the wave of a hand etc.
That makes a big difference.

I will leave that to experts to decide.

Mask wearing didn't stop France and Germany getting a significant third wave. Vaccination is the way out and we are near herd immunity. I think 80% vaccinated gets us there. And don't go to Brazil.

Bye.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom