1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adjusting the refresh rate sony 32fx66 in service menu

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ady1, Jan 17, 2003.

1. ady1

ady1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    basically i'm noticing this phenomenon of smearing and blockiness on analogue tv and digital cable and would like to try 50hz to see if it's better,i noticed most people saying it's not possible to switch between 50 and 100hz on this set,but i was just looking around in the service menu and noticed an option SCANRATE surely this is for adjusting the refresh? it's on 00h by default and it says to enter a sub address but i no idea what it could be,cause after going through the numbers 9+ then goes to A then B etc etc anyone know how to do it?

2. Gwyn

Gwyn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ady1,
    Only had my FX66 a week, so I'm not sure, but I too saw this setting in the service menu. Looks like it's expecting a hexadecimal code in the range 00h to FFh but I've no idea of any relevant values.

Like how does 00h relate to the 100Hz setting?

I'm not sure that scanrate and refresh rate are the same thing anyway, so it might not be what you're looking for....

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ady,

I would not touch anything if I were you.

Many people have destroyed their TVs permanently by making adjustments to service menu settings that mess about with those sorts of things.

If you don't know what something in the service menu does - never change it!

4. ady1

ady1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'll leave it alone don't wanna bugger the set up.