Adjusting input sensitivity of SVS SB12+

daveb975

I have recently got a new amp (Denon 2808), and its seems to struggle to 'wake up' my SVS SB12+ at lower volumes. I have got B&W M-1 satellites, so they sound very tinny on their own.

At the moment, I have been turning the volume up and then down again to get the sub to wake up. It is clearly playing at the lower volume, so I cannot understand why it is not coming on.

Is there an adjustment I can make?

R

recruit

Hi Dave - unfortunately this is a common problem with subs that have auto settings for the power, you can up gain on the sub out channel in you're amp which may help a little but my advice would be to leave the sub in the ON position...I have always left my subs on and never had any problems.

stevefish69

Not sure if the internals of the SVS are the same but my old Kef sub used to wake up easier if a splitter was used which fed both the left and right inputs instead of just the usual left.

TBH i've not needed it since using SVS subs though

Alex D

Novice Member
I would try turning down the gain on the SB12 and recalibrating the subwoofer level on the reciever. This helps a louder signal wake up the sub and, because it's a louder signal, the SB12 amp has less work to do. Ideally you should have the receiver between -8 and -3 dB.

Otherwise, as recruit said, leaving subs on all the time is a simple solution. It's what I've always down and never had any problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom