1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjustable, inconspicuous stands for B&W600 S3s?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by FuzzyFreak, Apr 25, 2005.

1. FuzzyFreak

FuzzyFreak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a pair of B&W DM600 S3 speakers for my rear channels, I have always found positioning the rear speakers difficult because they need to be inconspicuous and my sofa sits flush against a wall. They were originally sitting on identical telephone units either side of the sofa pointing inwards slightly and this worked well. I recently redecorated the lounge and wish to position them behind the sofa but they cannot be mounted on wall due to a window located on the right, therefore a stand will be needed but I am finding it hard to find a thin silver adjustable stand that will hold 5kg - the Attacama Nexus 7s are the right height but non adjustable and possibly too thick for my liking, they are more a showoff stand - the best I found were these
    HTML:
    http://www.triskom.co.uk/productdetail.asp?id=SR-120&cat=Speaker%20Stands&subcat=General%20Speaker%20Stands&showprev=#detail
    but have yet to hear back from them as to their carrying capacity. the main problem is directing the speakers into the surround sound field. Anyone? any ideas?

thanks

Fuzzy